3 incher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 incher

hi guys.im thinking of getting a three inch bore exhaust made up.i know it helps the turbo spool up quicker.are there any other benifits apart from the exhaust note.
    www.overfab.uk

doesn't really make much difference to exhaust note... just sounds like air coming out a pipe! (more of a whooshing sound)don't notice any difference in performance either!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      hi guys.im thinking of getting a three inch bore exhaust made up.i know it helps the turbo spool up quicker.are there any other benifits apart from the exhaust note.
      Only other possibility that has been talked about is that by allowing the gasses to escape quicker it may lower the running temp - not sure about that one though.

Main thing is allowing the turbo to sppol up quicker will release a few horses and some torque and reduce turbo lag.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Only other possibility that has been talked about is that by allowing the gasses to escape quicker it may lower the running temp - not sure about that one though.

Main thing is allowing the turbo to sppol up quicker will release a few horses and some torque and reduce turbo lag.
        Might not be so good if you intend doing any wading/offroading either. Bit easier to get water 'suck back' with a 3" bore.

Comment

im going to build the system myself, so ive been toying with exiting the exaust just before the rear wheels,is there any preferences as to which side it exits.i.e within the law.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
          X