Wooohoooo its here :) Oh and SVA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ant,

Speedo and fog light and imobiliser were all done in mates gargae by 'profesional motor elictrician'. Havent see it yet so dont know.

I have spoken to Toyota Uk who have a dedicated number for personal imports and got some advice onthe maxMPH to put on the SVA form. I phoned VOSA and said that it should be "<99mph" and Mr VOSA seems ok with that.

I am going to take it to SVA centre with rear wheel and window deflectors in place as ther seems no definiate guidelines on if they need to be removed or not.

lastly-anyone offer any advice on wheather leaving the turbo timer permenantly disconnected will cause any issues? What are they not on most Surfs? I dont intend driving mine hard ( ie much off roading or towing) so do I really need it?

regards and thanks for any feedback.

PS thinking I weill be the envy of my neighbours withmy Surf can you imagine the shock this morning when I saw one pulling out of of a driveway not more than 1/2 mile away, not alone was it a Surf but had the exact same colour scheme as mine!

Comment

se o
      Originally posted by fergus
      Hi Ant,

Speedo and fog light and imobiliser were all done in mates gargae by 'profesional motor elictrician'. Havent see it yet so dont know.

I have spoken to Toyota Uk who have a dedicated number for personal imports and got some advice onthe maxMPH to put on the SVA form. I phoned VOSA and said that it should be "<99mph" and Mr VOSA seems ok with that.

I am going to take it to SVA centre with rear wheel and window deflectors in place as ther seems no definiate guidelines on if they need to be removed or not.

lastly-anyone offer any advice on wheather leaving the turbo timer permenantly disconnected will cause any issues? What are they not on most Surfs? I dont intend driving mine hard ( ie much off roading or towing) so do I really need it?

regards and thanks for any feedback.

PS thinking I weill be the envy of my neighbours withmy Surf can you imagine the shock this morning when I saw one pulling out of of a driveway not more than 1/2 mile away, not alone was it a Surf but had the exact same colour scheme as mine!
      Hi Fergus,
      Well I had the immobiliser fitted yesterday by authorised garage. I fitted the speedo chip a few days ago and just need to tidy up the heat shrink on the fog light wires from under the rear going to the fog light.

I already removed rear carrier, but not wind deflectors. Someone said if Toyota ones they should be ok - I agree as there are no sharp edges on the Toyota ones. Just hope they are radiused enough.

I think TT disconnected for SVA is OK - but never tried.

Its the same with anything, you think you are unique and then see loads

Rgds

Ant
      1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Yipppee- Have been given Monday at 8.00am as my SVA test time/date. are SVA men more grumpy on a Monday morning? Am going with the mindset that I will fail but at least then I will end up with a definiate list of 'fixes' to be complted in order to pass the re-test!

Comment

It definitely wont pass with the rear wheel and carrier still fitted.

Comment

Yipppee- Have been given Monday at 8.00am as my SVA test time/date. are SVA men more grumpy on a Monday morning? Am going with the mindset that I will fail but at least then I will end up with a definiate list of 'fixes' to be complted in order to pass the re-test!
            Mine is Monday but leaving it with a company to handle for me (since found out I didnt need to but hey ho!). Im going with that attitude to, Ive done everything I think needs to be done and if it fails I can then correct

Ant
            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

passed SVA today on second attempt, insurance sorted anf if it hadn't been for such a long queue in DVLA office at lunchtime I would have been on the road.....roll on next week!!!!

Still looking for info on rear reg plate size if any one can help

thanks

Comment

passed SVA today on second attempt, insurance sorted anf if it hadn't been for such a long queue in DVLA office at lunchtime I would have been on the road.....roll on next week!!!!

thanks
                Mine is now SVAed but no MoT until Monday
                Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

hi my surf is a 2nd gen and the rear plate size is 13x7in
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Finally got my Surf back yesterday - SVA passed and MoT passed. But they messed up my MoT and I cant register it They put an extra digit in the chasis number and now its all computerised they have to :-

1) Fax incorrect document to VOSA
                    2) Send original incorrect document back to VOSA
                    3) VOSA change their database
                    4) I get issued a new MoT certificate that is correct

I was a tad miffed!!!

That aside Im pleased to say I put everything back on last night that I took off and fitted my new head unit ready for my carputer installation

If Im *lucky* I might be able to get her legally on the road this weekend and I cant wait

Rgds

Ant
                    Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
                    X