No announcement yet.

Wooohoooo its here :) Oh and SVA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the SVA is done by VOSA (ministry of transport) so not much choice on the place you get it done! (has to be the VOSA test centre, not just a special MOT place)

there's one in Newbury and no more for miles around, but not sure where abouts down your way.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

nice truck there Fella as trev said touch of the ole brown stuff here and there and your sorted
      bet you got jaw ache now from the GRIN hey
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Hi m8
        Absolutely stunning motor!!
        Must get myself a Japanese penfriend - preferably one who works in the motor trade!!!
        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          the SVA is done by VOSA (ministry of transport) so not much choice on the place you get it done! (has to be the VOSA test centre, not just a special MOT place)

there's one in Newbury and no more for miles around, but not sure where abouts down your way.
          I think theres one in Botley.on the industrial estate where White's the removers are ? I know there is a ministry test centre there.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
            Ant - Cheers for the info you did provide.

I was thinking of just gettin one for meself but as you say - you need some friends over there.

I do know a young lady - but how much of a judge of "car"acter (boom boom) she is - I dont know. she is a designer tho...Might drop her a mail....she is in HK.

thanks again - mighty impressed by that motor of yours.

Regds.

Ron.
            No problems - having good friends who are also car nuts helps a massive amount! Thanks for the compliments.
            1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Thanks to one and all for the postive commants and feedback so far

Rgds

Ant
              Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Originally posted by db2boy
                Thanks to one and all for the postive commants and feedback so far

Rgds

Ant
                Yep lovely motor m8y...but..my missus (Bunny...and nothing to do with me) still prefers the 2nd gen,recons thet you should trim your hedge,wonders if it will fit in garage,and wants to know why in piccy 2 is there some one standing on your roof?
                Judging by the way she studied the photos that closely she love's it and wants one but wont admit it....LOOK OUT HERE COME'S THE GREEN EYED MONSTER.
                p.s. can I have your wheels PLEEEEEEEEASE.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                  Yep lovely motor m8y...but..my missus (Bunny...and nothing to do with me) still prefers the 2nd gen,recons thet you should trim your hedge,wonders if it will fit in garage,and wants to know why in piccy 2 is there some one standing on your roof?
                  Judging by the way she studied the photos that closely she love's it and wants one but wont admit it....LOOK OUT HERE COME'S THE GREEN EYED MONSTER.
                  p.s. can I have your wheels PLEEEEEEEEASE.
                  Thanks muchly

1) Its not my hedge - its the schools at the back of house
                  2) Garage has a ample room, its the tardis
                  3) That is my free token Japanese girl
                  4) Of course you can, for a price that will enable me to import another set

Thanks

Ant
                  Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Ohh how i wish i could of had that one
                    (Doesn't smoke does it lol)
                    Regards
                    Kev.
                    2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                      I think theres one in Botley.on the industrial estate where White's the removers are ? I know there is a ministry test centre there.
                      Ant/Sumo, the SVA test centre at Botley is now only used for buses, lorries etc now. The place you need to go to is the new SVA centre at the Centurian Business Park, Northam, Southampton (023 8083 7397). They are always doing imports there, but they are the main SVA training place so they are very strict

Good luck and nice looking truck btw

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                        Ant/Sumo, the SVA test centre at Botley is now only used for buses, lorries etc now. The place you need to go to is the new SVA centre at the Centurian Business Park, Northam, Southampton (023 8083 7397). They are always doing imports there, but they are the main SVA training place so they are very strict

Good luck and nice looking truck btw

Cheers, Nick
                        Hmmm not sure I want to take it somewhere strict Already suspect I will have to 'alter' a few things! Was going to contact SVA UK LTD, although on therir website it says :-

"Can I do the work myself?
                        No, unfortunately we cannot comply vehicles that have been prepared outside of our premises."

Which for me is a bummer, Ive seen the botch work that some SVA centres seem to be able to do and want to complete the prep myself for peace of mind and non-botchness! I will contact them and see what the score is.

Rgds

Ant

P.S. Been reading the veg oil threads with great interest......
                        Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Nice one !

It seems to be the twin of mine .......

except mine's tatty - and doesn't have those luverly wheels and exhaust !

BTW - why's it got a Lexus badge on the front ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Nice one !

It seems to be the twin of mine .......

except mine's tatty - and doesn't have those luverly wheels and exhaust !

BTW - why's it got a Lexus badge on the front ?????

Ah yes, Japanese friend said Japanese sometimes do that with Toyota as they are one in the same - sort of!

Rgds

Ant
                            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Nice wheels. I've just picked up mine too, a 3.0ltr 1996 model and a mate is helping me SVA but am finding it difficult to know what to do;
                              we have done
                              speedo and fog light

do we need
                              fuel filler-given its not a petrol

what about removal of rear mounted spare wheel

alos need to identify max mph as form was rejected with 112 as nice VOSA guy said that is what the clock says but is not the true spec 9actually I took the info from the web(

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
                                Nice wheels. I've just picked up mine too, a 3.0ltr 1996 model and a mate is helping me SVA but am finding it difficult to know what to do;
                                we have done
                                speedo and fog light

do we need
                                fuel filler-given its not a petrol

what about removal of rear mounted spare wheel

alos need to identify max mph as form was rejected with 112 as nice VOSA guy said that is what the clock says but is not the true spec 9actually I took the info from the web(

Hi Fergus,
                                How did you do speedo? Im awaiting for a speedo plate and chip to see which is the better solution. Did you secure all the wiring for the fog light every 30cm? You dont need a fuel-filler for diesel. I have removed my rear wheel carrier and the small wing mounted mirror (if you have one). All holes need to be filled with a grommet or similar. Im struggling to find a plug type grommet to do the job at the moment

Do you need to identify the max mph?

Rgds

Ant
                                Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
                                X