Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted

Road Sweeper or house at the bottom of the road!

'cause I live at the top and I spent an hour getting all the devil's mud off the surf and another hour chasing all the mud to the bottom of the road where the drain is
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Originally posted by rich

'cause I live at the top and I spent an hour getting all the devil's mud off the surf and another hour chasing all the mud to the bottom of the road where the drain is
    it was too dark when i got home!... you should see my parking space at work!!... i've left my mark!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I won't be coming to Devil's Pit anymore - there's enough mud to play in on my drive

Comment

I refuse to wash my truck! There is four piles of mud on the drive from around the wheel arches.

It started raining at work today, now down hill from my truck is all muddy and others were bitchin' at me.

I hosed out the brakes and inside the wheels, greased the UJ's, cleaned the windows and lights properly. Job done! Let the weather do the rest.......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by rich

Just be careful flushing the mud into the drains , it works ok the first couple of times ,till the drains block , the road floods ,the council come to see the problem & all the neighbours point at you !
          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
            Just be careful flushing the mud into the drains , it works ok the first couple of times ,till the drains block , the road floods ,the council come to see the problem & all the neighbours point at you !
            I wasn't planning on flushing it anywhere, it went that way. All the neighbours looked dissaprovingly at the slurry path that led to my drive!

Comment

Hello from Australia, I have a 90 SSR Ltd 2.4td and get it muddy when I can. Why don't you go to the local car wash and blast all the crap down the drain there?
              I have a high pressure water cleaner at home and give it a good wash on the lawn. I also wash the engine bay and you can do it without too much trouble because there are no sparkplugs to worry about etc..
              I think it is imperitive to keep you engine bay mud free as much as possible so things don't clog up and cost you $$$$$

Regards

Geoff (GoPies)

Comment

Originally posted by GoPies
                Hello from Australia, I have a 90 SSR Ltd 2.4td and get it muddy when I can. Why don't you go to the local car wash and blast all the crap down the drain there?
                Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forum!

I would go down the local carwash but as it took me an hour I think it would cost me a fortune!

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPies

Regards

Geoff (GoPies)
                  Welcome to the forum Geoff!!!

That's exactly what I did - Jetwash at local garages. Much easier than having to clean up the mess yourself. Mind you I will eventually run out of garages that I can use...
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Welcome to the forum Geoff!!!

That's exactly what I did - Jetwash at local garages. Much easier than having to clean up the mess yourself. Mind you I will eventually run out of garages that I can use...
                    go at nite linda, they dont come out to check after dark.
                    my loverly continental friend dont anyway
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                      go at nite linda, they dont come out to check after dark.
                      my loverly continental friend dont anyway
                      I've been banned from most of the local jet washes, for clogging up thier filters!

I usually go over the bodywork at work with the fire hose, then take it down there to get the underneath cleaned up.

Just wait till it rains, and go playing a few fords to clean it up underneath.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I spent one and half hours jet washing the top and underneath. Theres still little bits I could not get get to. Then spent another hour cleaning the drive. Next day had to clean the two house carpets where "I Walked The S**t in". Cant do that again after a good day out.

Q. How deep a ford or river can the Surf go thru ( not stoping )without geting the carpets wet.
                        eg: Generaly how efective are the seals (if not badly worn ).
                        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                          I spent one and half hours jet washing the top and underneath. Theres still little bits I could not get get to. Then spent another hour cleaning the drive. Next day had to clean the two house carpets where "I Walked The S**t in". Cant do that again after a good day out.

Q. How deep a ford or river can the Surf go thru ( not stoping )without geting the carpets wet.
                          eg: Generaly how efective are the seals (if not badly worn ).

As long as your seals are good up to the air intake unless you fit a snorkel. See this pic of mine, doors seals all held up
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Koi; 20 November 2003, 08:12.
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

I usually go over the bodywork at work with the fire hose

Just wait till it rains, and go playing a few fords to clean it up underneath.
                            Is that the little red hose reel found in most buildings?
                            I guess I am lucky to have a FIRE HOSE at work I usually hook it straight to the hydrant and go for gold, we are talking about some serious water here.

Underneath is dead easy:
                            1. Turn hydrant on until a 6 foot fountain appears
                            2. Close the windows........believe me I did it with them down and THAT was stupid
                            3. Drive back and forth untill the water runs clear down the yard
                            4. Hope like hell a senior officer does not catch ya at it
                            Simon.O.
                            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                            X