Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband problem

Hi folks
    Can anyone recommend a good, reliable ISP for broadband?
    I am with AOL at the moment and since I upgraded from dial-up to broadband, when it became available in my area, I have had nothing but problems.
    The connection drops out on a regular basis, often being disconnected for days at a time.
    AOL blame BT and of course BT blame AOL!
    I have tried two different ADSL modems and three different computers so the fault must be in the phone line or exchange.
    BT say they can't deal direct with me and AOL won't authorise an engineer to come out to sort it.
    All I want is an ISP who can provide a reliable service and sort out any problems quickly and efficiently.
    Any recommendations?
    Keith

i got aol here and had no problems at all

blimmy there loads to choose from do a serch and pick one

good luck
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

NTL have been good to me.......
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
        NTL have been good to me.......

A few people I know have had problems with the NTL Service [TV,Phone/Broadband]...the whole thing went down for two days and all they got was loads of crap about it being at your end.

I use Freeserve..sorry now wanadoo for years and had no probs [apart from unecessary SPAM getting through]. There are many polls out on the web which provide you with usr feedback and issues encountered, so best do a search
        Gaz

Comment

I had NTL at my last place and it was great until I had a problem. Then the web people blamed the phone line and (guess what) the phone people blamed the web service. The problem was actually with the physical connection but the local service engineers were useless. Solved it in the end by going back to BT! Like Gizmo I've used Wanadoo at home and at work for years now and always had good service.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

There's quite a lot of good information here: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Comment

Tiscali here, £15 per month, broadband, no spam, breakdowns, no probs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Tiscali here, £15 per month, broadband, no spam, breakdowns, no probs.
                I had big problems with Tiscali, I could not get them to clear my line for nearly two months and they would not respond to letters and spent HOURS on the phone trying to speak to some one but unfortunatly I dont speak PUNJABE and they didnt speak ENGLISH!

I am also with AOL and have no problem with them, and I am surprised that they are not able to sort you out.

Paul
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I used to be with AOL, and had big probs.

Comment

NTL no problems.....another forum i go on reporting a lot of probs with Tesco

Comment

cutting to the chase... like almost every big company lately, when it works they are fantastic,when it doesnt, they are a disaster.... customer service died in about 1998..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        cutting to the chase... like almost every big company lately, when it works they are fantastic,when it doesnt, they are a disaster.... customer service died in about 1998..
                        Have to agree strongly with that dude.......
                        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

I use freedom2surf.

1mb ADSL limited to 2Gb download a month £14.99. Never ever had any problems with them and when I do ring up to ask really stupid questions the service is very good.

For the same price you can get 2Mb adsl limited to 2Gb per month, but because I live in a realatively remote place I could only get 1Mb. The 2Gb cap is not a problem for me and if you do go over it you can add an extra 1Gb for £1.50.

Comment

Originally posted by humero
                            I use freedom2surf.

1mb ADSL limited to 2Gb download a month £14.99. Never ever had any problems with them and when I do ring up to ask really stupid questions the service is very good.

For the same price you can get 2Mb adsl limited to 2Gb per month, but because I live in a realatively remote place I could only get 1Mb. The 2Gb cap is not a problem for me and if you do go over it you can add an extra 1Gb for £1.50.
                            Just had a look at that one , looks good .It has a line check on the screen which says I can get 512 or 2mbits is that OK ?
                            I have wanted broadband for a while now but we covered this subject before with the same results . Everyone seems to have either good or bad service from the same supplier , depending on your particular situation .
                            I have just thought about leaving it a while longer until someone gets it right .
                            Last edited by Vagrant No2; 10 July 2005, 08:53.
                            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I have a 2Mb connection with Pipex, and have had no problems at all. They're not the cheapest provider around, but as with many things you get what you pay for.

If you do decide to go with Pipex, could you put me down as a referrer, that way I get a free month. My Pipex id is AOQP19.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X