Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear fog lamp

Hi Hilux surf's

I have just bought a 1993 surf (yes a virgin to the surf) and I was wondering if any one has any advice as to

is there existing wiring within the loom to connect or any tips and advice for fitting & running additional wiring etc..if so my e-mail kevin@brennan94.freeserve.co.u k

Cant wait to get it on the road like a big kid...lol

Many thks

Kevin

This may help...

Hi m8,

Welcome to Surfdom!

Re your wiring. Best place I've found to connect into is the wiring for the side lights, which can be found behind the panel by the driver's feet - the one that has access to the fuses. This is easiest to get off if you take off the trim along the foot of the driver's door (watch out when you put the trim back the plastic jobbies on the back tend to bend real easy).

If memory serves me right the wires will already be partially exposed and are red and white (best check that though - if you do a search for wiring diagrams you'll get a definitive answer).

Enjoy tinkering.
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
      Hi m8,

Welcome to Surfdom!

Re your wiring. Best place I've found to connect into is the wiring for the side lights, which can be found behind the panel by the driver's feet - the one that has access to the fuses. This is easiest to get off if you take off the trim along the foot of the driver's door (watch out when you put the trim back the plastic jobbies on the back tend to bend real easy).

If memory serves me right the wires will already be partially exposed and are red and white (best check that though - if you do a search for wiring diagrams you'll get a definitive answer).

Enjoy tinkering.
      Hi thks for the reply and advice..I managed to get the job done wired through to the battery earthed lamp to bumper, earth switch to the body behind the foot well cover works a treat as long as its not left on...lol

Again thks for ur reply...just waiting for reg to come back..then on the road...

Comment

Originally posted by KBRE
        Hi thks for the reply and advice..I managed to get the job done wired through to the battery earthed lamp to bumper, earth switch to the body behind the foot well cover works a treat as long as its not left on...lol

Again thks for ur reply...just waiting for reg to come back..then on the road...
        I believe that to be legal the rear foglight should only be able to be switched on with the dipped headlights, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
          I believe that to be legal the rear foglight should only be able to be switched on with the dipped headlights, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
          Thks for the tip Paul, I will correct it.

Rgds

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X