No announcement yet.

* Urgent London Bombs *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit late, just wanted to add my penith, glad you made it home ok linda, hope everybody else has made it back by now or has somewhere to stay.
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

I was contacted by the boss this evening and told not to report for work tonight, but to report to work at 0800 tomorrow, as we won't be allowed to start repairing anything until forensic etc have finished their work. There will be a skeleton night sift tonight just in case they get the go-ahead to do some preliminary checks.

Becuase I got to bed late this morning/lunchtime and slept until 7PM my body clock is upside down.

I'm glad my friends, colleagues and fellow commuters are, as far as I have been able to check, are OK. I really feel for any family who have lost loved ones as a result of this needless and cowardly attack.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

what a nightmare that was yesterday. I work at Waterloo and was watching all the ermegency services whizzing backwards and forwards and keeping one eye on the news updates.
        I left at 12.30 after Tonys speech and eventually got home at 5.30 after having to take a crazy detour on the way home and which stations were open changing every 1/2 hour.
        As everyone has said, I think the emergency services did an amazing job and my thoughts are with all those who's loved ones set out for work as normal and will never come home all because of cowards
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Didn't get home too late last night. Luckily got one of the few trains to leave Victoria.
          Travelling in this morning was very wierd. Less people on trains, people very quiet. Some tubes running. Main lines seem OK. For all the complaints about transport in London, I am amazed there are the services running today after what happened. You expect the service to be there and it is...
          Big up for all in the transport personnel.

Some police cars went past, sirens blaring. People just stopped and watched them go. Wondering perhaps if something else had happened this morning.

I am a small chickie in a big city...but it's my city, our city and it/we won't be broken...

Amen
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

I know what you mean Helen. The Thameslink train came into Luton this morning with 80% of the seats empty. Normally there is a scramble for the odd empty seat. People who don't normally communicate nodded, said, "Hello," or said how pleased they were to see familier faces. The Jubilee Line was the same. A ghost train. People even commented that the guy with Tourets Syndrome, who usually gets on folks nerves, was absent (hope he is OK. It was too quiet).

London was almost empty until about 2PM and then, a sort of, normality returned. You couldn't move for tourists. American, Australian, Spanish, Japanese, French, Arabs, former Eastern Bloc. They had all decided that to not go on as normal was to let the terrorists win. Human solidarity prevailed. The majority of sane folks united against the sad crackpots that rocked London yesterday. My faith in human nature has (almost) been restored.

PS. Two of our guys got stranded at Wembley Park yesterday when the train services were suspended. They did no more than walk the 10+ miles back to Waterloo, with all their kit, just in case they were needed in the central zones. True professionals!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I have just heard back from my mate 'Sparky' who is a driver on the LT . I left a couple of messages for him but heard nothing . He phoned back tonight to say he was OK and was not working that day . His brother was on a train that was stopped and evacuated . He was put on a bus following the bus which exploded . He was quite shaked by that but is OK . A bit to close for my liking .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
              X