Warning for those that go off road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning for those that go off road!

Don't know if this is old news and you already know about this.

I was looking through the latest edition of Off Road mag in the shop earlier - well I ain't gonna pay for it when it don't feature proper 4x4's - and there is an article in there about a case in the north where the 'anti 4x4/greenlaning w**nkers' have sabotaged a track on farmland.

From what I can recall a track had a large hole in it which had filled with water, and the spoil from the hole was to the side of it forcing anyone using the track to go through said water filled hole. However, lying on the bottom of the hole was a length of metal with a number of spikes stuck up from it which could have caused damage, injury or worse still, a fatality!! This was spotted and reported by a horse rider, and I believe the police are looking into it Hate to think what could have happened if the horse rider or a motorcyclist went through the hole.

Just thought I'd put this up as a warning and maybe for something to keep in mind when going off road, especially on the spur of the moment,

Cheers, Nick
    Last edited by Nick V; 6 July 2005, 23:17.
    "The force will be with you, always!"

people have been know to tie wire across tracks to stop motorbikes going down them... bad injuries!... someone's gonna be decapitated!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      people have been know to tie wire across tracks to stop motorbikes going down them... bad injuries!... someone's gonna be decapitated!

Got a nice little green lane just outside town local farmer has strung barb wire across it. Yes the council know and what have they done........ all
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

as much as that
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Got a nice little green lane just outside town local farmer has strung barb wire across it. Yes the council know and what have they done........ all

get onto em again, or go and cut it [if you have the right to do so].
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            [if you have the right to do so].
            or if you dont, go and do it in the dark when noone is looking!!!

Mind you - did the farmer do it to stop people driving it or to stop fly tippers? Thats a BIG problem on the lanes around here.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X