Mac4x4 Challenge Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac4x4 Challenge Advice

ANyone who has done this in the past or any event simmilar care to pass on some advice ???

Does me Surf need to be souped up to cope with the challenges ?
    Mud tyres etc etc ?

I can read OS maps / compass / and have good skills with GPS stuff should I read up on anything else ?

Any other input appreciated as thinking of doing this event in 2006.

Cheers again.
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Originally posted by SparX
    ANyone who has done this in the past or any event simmilar care to pass on some advice ???

Does me Surf need to be souped up to cope with the challenges ?
    Mud tyres etc etc ?

I can read OS maps / compass / and have good skills with GPS stuff should I read up on anything else ?

Any other input appreciated as thinking of doing this event in 2006.

Cheers again.
    You need to talk to Steve aka Rusty and Jon/Rick aka Jotto / VagrantNo2 as they did it amongst others this year...
    If you do a search on here there are pics so you can see what it was like - or @ www.the-vagrants.co.uk
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Ahhh , welcome to the best weekend of your life and the best way to raise money for a good cause .
      DO NOT PANIC like I did is all I will say .
      If you have paid your entry money you have made a good start .
      Map numbers will not be released until approx 10 days before the event .
      No special mods to vehicle except good lights for the night stages .
      A map reading lamp for passenger helps (thanks Jon).
      Book a hotel NOW for the night prior to event or you will spend 2 nights in your Surf.
      Talk to me , Jon nearer the event to cover the finer points . Jon and me are doing it next year , I am not sure of the others who competed this year.

Well done for entering . I hope others on here have a go .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers ,

Just been checking out your website, I like the sponsorship idea with the graphics on the surf.

Mine is just a standard 2.4 , but from the pictures , there does not seem to be any off road parts that look too challenging. I guess the challenge is the map reading and staying awake !!!

I will be in touch nearer the time , but for now , I will start practising map reading , and looking for sponsors.

Thanks, Mark.
        http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X