Spare Wheel Carrier Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel Carrier Switch

I have already had a moan about this as have that constant red light flickering.I was advised to take it off and have a go at fixing it. However am wondering if it would just be better for me to get a working one than try and fix it myself.... I am no machanic (but would like to learn)!!

Before you try fixing it, make sure the spare wheel carrier is pushed fully home into the catch. If it's not fully in it will move about and cause the switch to flick on & off.
    Mike G

Comment

Have you greased the latch by any chance and got lube on the switch, as this might stop it earthing! because when I greased my rear window on my 2nd gen, the window light kept flickering untill I claened the grease off the switch.
      I like Orientals

Comment

Mine did the same...and all parts were tested ok!!! What i did was put a piece of sticky back foam on the wheel carrier and this has fixed it.
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Where does the sticky back foam go?

The switch has not been greased. But had a look at the mechanism today and after fiddling with the jaws on the switch it seemed to help so do I put some of this foam onto these jaws or on the actual vehicle part itself?

Comment

Working...
          X