X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby seats & teflon!?

Hi there

Just a friendly warning for those carrying little ones:

I've just been to get a baby seat for my 3rd Gen - a 2 year to 4 year old/toddler type. One thing that 3rd Gen owners should be aware of... (Not sure of earlier models.)

The seat belt fabric in the rear has a very slippy property - so it glides over your body when you strap yourself in. It has some sort of telfon or silicon coating, I think. BUT... if your baby seat is one which 'grips' the seat belt via a clamp, then you should check it very carefully. After 3 or 4 tugs (crash simulations) it starts slipping.

I could not get a single gripping/clamping seat to fit. The belt just slides through the clamp.

There are other types available. The one I've got works via friction - you just need to ensure you've weaved it through the seat correctly. And there is another type which works via the central lap belt.

My little one loves the Surf. Especially if you take off the passenger head rest - then she can see everything through the windscreen.

Cheers - Jimbob

Gratuitous Plug: Anyone living in the South West, who needs any thing for babies/toddlers, coud go a lot worse than visit BabyGear in Bridport. This is a privately run baby shop - with so much stuff you would not believe. More importantly, the owner has soooo much experience, and can explain any product to you in huge depth. And you will *not* get the hard sell. http://www.babygearuk.co.uk/

nevar had that trouble with mine... only the rear belts not quite being long enough for the rear facing seats.

mine has a clamp over a "spiked" wheel which grips the belt tight, then a tensioner to hold it all firm
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X