Dented front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented front.

Well, I was driving home through one our sussex forest last night when three deer came bounding out in front of me. I was travelling at a reasonable pace so the deer had no chance. It hit the left hand side of the front and then went under the wheel, so the surf was all over the place, and it took several heart pounding seconds to regain its composure. The deer I believe was a right off.
    I now have the left front wheel tracking out and worst of all the piece of bodywork in front of the wheel is bent completly out of shape. Does anyone know what that is called so i can order a new one?
    I have attached a photo (not of the dent) with the offending area circled.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Barnabyp; 16 November 2003, 11:05.

Originally posted by Barnabyp
    Well, I was driving home through one our sussex forest last night when three deer came bounding out in front of me. I was travelling at a reasonable pace so the deer had no chance. It hit the left hand side of the front and then went under the wheel, so the surf was all over the place, and it took several heart pounding seconds to regain its composure. The deer I believe was a right off.
    I now have the left front wheel tracking out and worst of all the piece of bodywork in front of the wheel is bent completly out of shape. Does anyone know what that is called so i can order a new one?
    Ive attached a photo (not of the dent)
    No photo ??

Click - manage attachments

....... browse.......open your photo
    click - add this file........wait a few minutes till it shows on the screen
    ....then click - all done ....return to the main screen & submit your reply

Should have kept the deer by the way....a bit of venison could of offset the cost of your repairs .
    Seen the pic now........try one of the breakers on here i.e hilux bob
    Last edited by bensonsnuts; 16 November 2003, 11:23.
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabyp
      I have attached a photo (not of the dent) with the offending area circled.

I think it is called a Bumper Skirt.

Neville

Comment

It's the Front Valance Panel. Toyota Part Number for '89-91 Surfs is 53911-89119 & the retail price is £67.80 +VAT Milner's equivalent is just as good and costs £22.50 +

It's a lot easier to fit the valence if you take the whole bumper assembly off....

Take the nut off the downward facing bolt under each bumper corner, remove the turn indicators and unplug them. Then remove the 2 bolts on the outside of each chassis rail and the whole front bumper will drop off.... takes about half an hour total time to remove the panel and fit a new one.

....here's one I customized earlier ------------>
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Elvz; 16 November 2003, 12:08.

Comment

cheers,
          If i order from milner 4x4 do i just specify one of the standard colours ie gun metal grey. or does it need spraying?
          I think that the suspension has been bent as the tracking is off the scale.
          OH DEER!!!

Comment

maybe your track rod on that side is bent, not major

Comment

All replacement panels come in black primer so you would need to either spray it yourself or pay a bodyshop to do it.

The guy I use charges me 2 hours labor @ £27.50 + about £50 materials for a single valence but I usually have several done at once which works out much cheaper.

Comment

Barnaby

A guy in Heathfield is breaking a couple of Surfs , it might be worth giving him a ring .

Landcruiser and Hiace vans and 2x Surfs. All used parts. Engines, Gearboxes, Axles Etc. Parts wanted
                Contact us on 01435 830878 / 07973 142674

Comment

Anyone need a front right wing???????

Originally posted by andy
                  Barnaby

A guy in Heathfield is breaking a couple of Surfs , it might be worth giving him a ring .

Landcruiser and Hiace vans and 2x Surfs. All used parts. Engines, Gearboxes, Axles Etc. Parts wanted
                  Contact us on 01435 830878 / 07973 142674
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Sod The Car What About Poor Bambi
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      Sod The Car What About Poor Bambi

Comment