Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new springs sick mechanic.

HI
    ordered some springs from milners 40 quid asked a mechanic if he could fit them, 180 quid he told me.looks like i will have to shop around any ideas how much i should be paying (rear ones).

I'm having new springs , the 2" uprated ones and 4 procomp es9000 shocks fitted tomorrow, £100 the lot.
    I'd shop around if I was you. I think your mechanic is trying to pull a fast one.

Andy.

Comment

being a mech i reckon you should pay no more than £60-£85 mate dont look that bad to do it .. where you quoted by a small indie garage or main dealeR???
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

You can get them fitted FAR CHEAPER - contact TonyN or Linda here.

Tony will fit them for far less than that, and he KNOWS Surfs, you cannot go wrong.

He fitted mine, and I am well pleased

I have pm'ed them to see this.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by kal
          HI
          ordered some springs from milners 40 quid asked a mechanic if he could fit them, 180 quid he told me.looks like i will have to shop around any ideas how much i should be paying (rear ones).
          Wish I was on £180/hour! If you've got the gear and done it once before it's an easy job.

Nevillef

Comment

mate dont pay that, i did mine at my dads garage easy done in an hour,only cost me a bacon butty,as said tonys your man

Comment

I was a complete newbie until i did mine and my shocks.

If you spend about £40 on axle stands and a couple of tools you can do it yourself in an hour.
              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kal
                HI
                If you can get it down to Basingstoke, we'll sort you out for way less than that while you wait. If its just rear springs it won't take long.

E-mail me if you interested.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony stop advertising and trying to get more work you should be putting up your next pic or sommit.

Sorry he cant do the springs till xmas

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                    Tony stop advertising and trying to get more work you should be putting up your next pic or sommit.

Sorry he cant do the springs till xmas

lol
                    hehe, nearly true! damn cracked 2.4's are really cutting into my daytime foruming time!!!

It'll be nice to see the other end of a truck sometime! (having said that, its been fixing rear window woes day today, which hasn't been alot more rewarding!!! )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

tony, you need an apprentice
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

where is it you are going on hols tony????...................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ............................

Well if you dont get all this work done you wont be able to go LOL

Comment

kal,

Don't pay anything - do it yourself. It really is easy if you're even remotely mechanical.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11059

I'm surprised no-one's slagged me off for posting my own write-up so many times.

If you have or can get the tools, a little sense and a bit of time you could do it yourself.

Good luck

Mark
                          :

Comment

Originally posted by kal
                            HI

At the local garage I take my vehicle...£50.00 to fit
                            Gaz

Comment

I paid a ton for mine to be fiited. I would have had a bash but time was short & I was fed up getting seasick while towing.
                              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X