Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Loathe public transport

It just does not work!
    I left home at 0630, was in the air at 0730 landed in Gurnsey at 0810, aboard the boat by 0830.
    Left Gurnsey at 0900 arrived at Salcombe at 1210.
    Total time taken =7hrs 20 mins.
    Using taxis and railways i hope to be home by 2140.
    That is nine and a half hours of misery, on ageing rollingstock crammed in like chickens in a battery farm, for the same price as the airfare from southampton to Gurnsey!
    How can we be expected to leave our cars at home and suffer this rubbish?

I hired a car one way for £57 and filled up with £23 petrol, am now home 4hrs earlier for £20 less!
    Public transport sucks, give us a viable alternative and we will use it!
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Originally posted by Gtdog
    It just does not work!
    I left home at 0630, was in the air at 0730 landed in Gurnsey at 0810, aboard the boat by 0830.
    Left Gurnsey at 0900 arrived at Salcombe at 1210.
    Total time taken =7hrs 20 mins.
    Using taxis and railways i hope to be home by 2140.
    That is nine and a half hours of misery, on ageing rollingstock crammed in like chickens in a battery farm, for the same price as the airfare from southampton to Gurnsey!
    How can we be expected to leave our cars at home and suffer this rubbish?

I hired a car one way for £57 and filled up with £23 petrol, am now home 4hrs earlier for £20 less!
    Public transport sucks, give us a viable alternative and we will use it!

Who do you fly with I got return from Manchester to Guernsey for £85 last summer. £15 return on train from Leeds straight into the airport I thought that was quite reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis
      Who do you fly with I got return from Manchester to Guernsey for £85 last summer. £15 return on train from Leeds straight into the airport I thought that was quite reasonable.
      Fly b £97 or £150
      depending on luck with bookings.
      Rail fare with taxi at each end comes to £125
      Like i say a hire car is a no brainer, especialy if I have crew with me when the cost devides rarther than multiplies!
      Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Working...
      X