bleeper for central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeper for central locking

I am looking into which immob/alarm to get fitted when my Surf arrives. I would have thought a car like this (94 3.0 ssrx) would already have a bleeper to operate the central locking? Do they not have these as standard? If so can you get new fobs?

If they do not have as standard do you have to add a motor if fitting an alarm with central locking option?

They do come with keyfobs that operate the central locking but they generally do not come with an alarm. I am not sure about new fobs.

All of the alarms these days will be wired into the central locking so the car will open using the alarm keyfob.

And if you want to be flash like DABIGMAN then it can operate the rear window as well!

Hope this answers your question.

The alarm I have is a Toad CAT1.

RIch.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by RobF
      I am looking into which immob/alarm to get fitted when my Surf arrives. I would have thought a car like this (94 3.0 ssrx) would already have a bleeper to operate the central locking? Do they not have these as standard? If so can you get new fobs?

If they do not have as standard do you have to add a motor if fitting an alarm with central locking option?

generally yes a motor needs to be fitted to the master door to enable it to activate from the alarm key fob, they are quite small and usually around the £20.00ish mark.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

I have a 1995 SSR-X Ltd that has not got a key fob or the box under the drivers seat , but the key locks all doors if used in the drivers lock , so again it looks like it's one of those many options that was not specified from new .

Comment

Working...
        X