Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this site but need help! plz!

I have a surf limited on a j reg.

Firstly can anyone tell me how to find out its mk?

and secondly when placed on full left lock I get a very loud creaking from under the wheel arch some where.
    Sorry I am not very technicaly minded.
    Any ideas thou, any help is good

cheers
    lee

hi mate ,its a second gen ,and the noise sounds a lot like dry stearing stops ,check out the search option above its all there

Comment

Originally posted by mud-ge
      hi mate ,its a second gen ,and the noise sounds a lot like dry stearing stops ,check out the search option above its all there

cheers thanks for that but do you know why it is a limited?

Comment

general thought is that they have a large bin of badges in the factory and tend to stick on what they feel ,that said it normal means you probably have an extra like a rear cargo cover ,dual battery or even rear heater fan

Comment

general thought is that they have a large bin of badges in the factory and tend to stick on what they feel ,that said it normal means you probably have an extra like a rear cargo cover ,dual battery or even rear heater fan

rear heater fan!!!!
          sorry for asking so many questions but i also have a ticking noise coming from the air con intermitantly when switched on any ideas?

Comment

the rear heater fan is part of the winter pack it has rear passanger controls for temp and fan speed,it does come in handy when towing as i can lower the rear window turn on the fan and with the front windows open blow any excess heat out the back with out cooking in the front.as far as the air con problem not sure but some one iam sure will be able to help

Comment

the rear heater fan is part of the winter pack it has rear passanger controls for temp and fan speed,it does come in handy when towing as i can lower the rear window turn on the fan and with the front windows open blow any excess heat out the back with out cooking in the front.as far as the air con problem not sure but some one iam sure will be able to help
              I have only ever seen one Surf without a rear heater, its pretty standard fitment. Honestly, it not worth the effort trying to workout what the spec levels are, I see 3 or 4 a week, every one has different spec badge, and different equipment inside.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ditto Tony's comments. Doesn't matter what model it is so long as it comes complete with a driver with a big grin. (You usually find one with each surf.)

Rob

p.s. Welcome to Surfdom!
                Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

The only thing we've seen on a Limited and not on others is an LSD (Limited Slip Diff) on the back. If you have one (only real way to tell without taking the diff to bits is if you have a little white sticker on the diff with LSD on it) it may well not work anymore (a lot of them dont) anyway. If it works it gives you a mariginal advangage off road.

But as the others say - the japs started with a basic model and then add so many extras that the model (SSR-X, SSR-G etc) and limited or not mean very little. Very few have the full winter pack fitted and working.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    The only thing we've seen on a Limited and not on others is an LSD (Limited Slip Diff) on the back. If you have one (only real way to tell without taking the diff to bits is if you have a little white sticker on the diff with LSD on it) it may well not work anymore (a lot of them dont) anyway. If it works it gives you a mariginal advangage off road.
                    Or check the diff code here. http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/other/4_axles.html

Neville

Comment

surf 1993 2.4 2l-te axel code G145,sticker says L.S.D.,also use only lsd oil.
                      Dont know if it works or not.
                      Last edited by foggy; 27 June 2005, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by foggy
                        surf 1993 2.4 2l-te axel code G145,sticker says L.S.D.,also use only lsd oil.
                        Dont know if it works or not.
                        5 is the code for LSD, testing is easy and fun, you should be leaving 2 wheel spin tracks, instead of just one wheel spinning for an open diff.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

rear heater fan!!!!
                          sorry for asking so many questions but i also have a ticking noise coming from the air con intermitantly when switched on any ideas?
                          I had the same annoying clicking. It gets faster when you turn the fan speed up. I just put it down to a dry leaf or something touching the fan blades. Anyway it's all cleared up now.
                          Good Luck,
                          Ian
                          [size=4][color=lime]WORK TO DRIVE[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=lime]DRIVE TO WORK[/color][/size]

Comment

Working...
                          X