digital water temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital water temp gauge

Got around to fitting a digital temp gauge to give a more accurate reading of coolant temperture as the standard gauge doesn't move much and so I don't trust it.
    Had to make a piece to take the sender unit though which I was hoping to avoid,however after a bit of manipulation it fitted into place and so far is working ok.
    It is reassuring to see an accurate display of water temp. that you can see rise when engine working harder and then see temp. drop when engine under less load again - whilst the standard gauge doesn't appear to move past just under half way when running.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sniper
    Got around to fitting a digital temp gauge to give a more accurate reading of coolant temperture as the standard gauge doesn't move much and so I don't trust it.
    Had to make a piece to take the sender unit though which I was hoping to avoid,however after a bit of manipulation it fitted into place and so far is working ok.
    It is reassuring to see an accurate display of water temp. that you can see rise when engine working harder and then see temp. drop when engine under less load again - whilst the standard gauge doesn't appear to move past just under half way when running.
    Looks good . Very nice fitment .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

looks great mate ,what size pipe did you use and what thread size ,also where did you get the guage from as this is my next project,

Comment

Originally posted by mud-ge
        looks great mate ,what size pipe did you use and what thread size ,also where did you get the guage from as this is my next project,
        The pipe is 38mm/1"1/2 outside diametre and the thread size is 10mm with 1mm pitch.The pipe I used is a 90 degree elbow cut back and welded with a sleeve each end (approx. 45 degrees).
        The gauge is from speeding.co.uk (the only place anywhere I could find a digital temp. gauge) costing £48 incl. tax + del.

Comment

cheers mate ,be on to that straight away,will post it up soon as its done.

Comment

cheers mate ,be on to that straight away,will post it up soon as its done.
            If you should need any more info. let me know.

Comment

just been on their site and the guage looks great ,did you buy one of there pods to mount it in or source your own.

Comment

just been on their site and the guage looks great ,did you buy one of there pods to mount it in or source your own.
                I bought one of their pods meant for on dash instalation but it didn't fit neatly so I trimmed it to screw to the drivers side pillar.I know they sell pods for mounting on the pillar so think that may have been a better option.Also I had to make a shroud (out of a spray can lid!) to shield from the light as L.E.D. display harder to read in strong light.

Comment

The pipe is 38mm/1"1/2 outside diametre and the thread size is 10mm with 1mm pitch.The pipe I used is a 90 degree elbow cut back and welded with a sleeve each end (approx. 45 degrees).
                  The gauge is from speeding.co.uk (the only place anywhere I could find a digital temp. gauge) costing £48 incl. tax + del.
                  I saw some nice TIM gauges on eBay recently, around £35 i think. Im going to get a water temp and an oil temp gauge for the oil cooler to match my TIM boost gauge.
                  I love it when things have my name on lots of packs of screws i buy are made by TIM Co
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Here is a pic of an adapter I am making for my 2.4 for the extra Temp Gauge.It will fit into the hose you see under it which goes from thermostat housing to turbo.This is for the manuals.The autos have an extra connection point in thermostat housing for an extra gauge sender.

http://groups.msn.com/toyotasurf/nif...o&PhotoID=6635

Link to thread here - http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6175

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      I saw some nice TIM gauges on eBay recently, around £35 i think. Im going to get a water temp and an oil temp gauge for the oil cooler to match my TIM boost gauge.
                      I love it when things have my name on lots of packs of screws i buy are made by TIM Co
                      I have been searching the internet for a while and could only find the one supplier of digital water gauge having a single display,although Demon Tweeks had many digital gauges they were combined units displaying other info. such as oil pressure.They look smart but were obviously a lot dearer.

Comment

I have been searching the internet for a while and could only find the one supplier of digital water gauge having a single display,although Demon Tweeks had many digital gauges they were combined units displaying other info. such as oil pressure.They look smart but were obviously a lot dearer.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/tim-water-g...omZR40QQsojsZ1
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I used a speedo from these guys,
                          http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/index.htm
                          I have to admit, it wont cheap, but by eck it was good!

They do a full engine monitoring thingy that sits on the steering wheel.
                          Worth a look if you want that look
                          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                          X