A Nation Mourns..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nednil
    They recon that you always remember where you were when you hear tragic news...Do you remember where you were when you heard that Chillitt's shed had been flooded!?!?
    Yeah, at the end of his garden turning the tap off (I've always been jealous of that shed)!

Ken
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Ah bad news mate - still, you can always look on the bright side. there's...err and of course the...err oh well, at least it'll dry out by bonfire night!
      Dave

Comment

Chilly - look out!!!

Issued by the Met Office at 06:23 on Monday, 27 June 2005.
        This is the first warning of disruption due to Heavy Rain.
        With an area of low pressure approaching from the southwest vigorous thunderstorms are expected to develop across some parts of the UK between Monday night and Wednesday night. Southwestern and Southern parts are expected to be affected first, and run the greatest risk of disruption. Rainfall totals may exceed 25mm in many places, and locally may be in excess of 75mm. These large totals may fall in very short periods, bringing the risk of local flash flooding due to rapid runoff. Hail, frequent lightning and strong and gusty winds will be additional hazards for some. However, as is often the case in thundery situations, there will be large local variations, which means that some places may see only small amounts of rain.
        Although the storms are likely to begin on Monday night, the main risk comes during daylight hours on Tuesday.
        Dave

Comment

They recon that you always remember where you were when you hear tragic news...Do you remember where you were when you heard that Chillitt's shed had been flooded!?!?
          Yep me and Mrs sumo were sitting in front of the pc with tears of laughter (oopps )sympathy rolling down our cheeks.....
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

any one who wants to see it happen again, i am taking bookings for tues/wed cup of tea included. special prize for whoevers in it when it starts floating....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I recon the bulk of us were reading a thread, titled a nation mourns on this website!
              Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

i wasn't
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  any one who wants to see it happen again, i am taking bookings for tues/wed cup of tea included. special prize for whoevers in it when it starts floating....
                  Sounds like a party game to me...musical sheds!?

How much are tickets? Do we get a refund if it doesn't flood?
                  Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

sorry no refunds. act of god, see?
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/i...hopscr427.html

Just in case
                      Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

i could have done with them to keep the water in my shed....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          i could have done with them to keep the water in my shed....
                          atleast the sheds keeping cool, lets hope the surf is watching this and getting some good ideas. i bet its jelous
                          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                          X