Slick 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slick 50

How many of you guys are really using it.
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

Originally posted by falconer
    Not me for one, never will do either,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Do a search for 'oil additives'. Plenty of info.

Comment

slick 50 !!!!!!!! sounds like something the Berkshire bob (matt) may use but not on his truck
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I have used it on almost all my vehicles including the Surf.Never had a problem with it or the engines I have put it in.It's not a magic cure for engines that are allready stuffed though.

More in this thread - http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13760

Neville
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 26 June 2005, 01:19.

Comment

No more thaughts or comments on this stuff??
            i thaught it was supposed to be the dogs b****ks.
            Regards
            Kev.
            2.4 black beast

Comment

No more thaughts or comments on this stuff??
              i thaught it was supposed to be the dogs b****ks.
              I know that lots of people thing it is the dog's danglies, but I think it's a waste of money, and doesn't do "what it says on the tin" - but tht's just me!

If I can 'dig out' the info I used to have from another forum, I will post on here, but there are many lengthy discussions in it.

Cheers, Nick

Comment

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...oil_bible.html have a look here for some thoughts on oil n stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ssray
                  http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...oil_bible.html have a look here for some thoughts on oil n stuff
                  Thanx, this saves me from looking. See section on additives - I rest my case

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                    I think it's a waste of money, and doesn't do "what it says on the tin" - but tht's just me!Cheers, Nick
                    Just curious.Have you ever used it?

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                      Just curious.Have you ever used it?

Neville
                      Nev, no I have not! This is due obviously because of the numerous reports/write ups that I have read about it, but also because of being involved in numerous discussions on other forums.

I also know a lot of people that have garage businesses as normal mechanics and performance businesses with years of experience dealing with all types of vehicles. I value their opinion and have never questioned their advice, and I have never been let down by them. Put it like this, I would have not chanced ruining an engine that cost £4000 to rebuild by using a few pounds worth of engine additive!

However, this is only my opinion, and I am sure their a lots of people out there that would swear by Slick 50, I'm just not one of 'em

Cheers, Nick

Comment

its weird cos i put slick 50 auto treatment in and it worked a treat...even stopped a fluid leak on sump... but for engines i tend to use stp or wynns lot cheaper than s/50 and i dont really notice much change... no smoke whatsoever but ive heard about engines getting 'addicted ' to them and fuel additives...suppose ill find out when mine goes cold turkey!!!
                        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

So called Lube enhancers (Additives) / Engine Flush Cleaners

Hi,
                          Lots of guys were using it because they believed the "sales pitch". Years later, independant tests took place and suggested that it had no beneficial long term effect on internal bearing surfaces of engine.

If you want to "treat your motor good" drain all / yes all, the old oil out, change the oil and filters very regularly, and use oil to makers' specification. Do not use additives or those pre - oil change flushes, IMHO waste of money and the latter could remove some necessary surface coatings. This could lead to problems later !

On what do I base this ? Retired Feb 2004 after 48 years in uk motor engineering, first building buses then maintaining heavy and light commercials and cars, 30 years of which, in armed services, last 14 in own country repairshop/mot station/ breakdown recovery.

Uplander

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                            Hi,
                            Lots of guys were using it because they believed the "sales pitch". Years later, independant tests took place and suggested that it had no beneficial long term effect on internal bearing surfaces of engine.

If you want to "treat your motor good" drain all / yes all, the old oil out, change the oil and filters very regularly, and use oil to makers' specification. Do not use additives or those pre - oil change flushes, IMHO waste of money and the latter could remove some necessary surface coatings. This could lead to problems later !

On what do I base this ? Retired Feb 2004 after 48 years in uk motor engineering, first building buses then maintaining heavy and light commercials and cars, 30 years of which, in armed services, last 14 in own country repairshop/mot station/ breakdown recovery.

Uplander
                            Well thanks for sharing that m8
                            Thing starting to get interesting now (engine flush no good either)
                            Regards
                            Kev.
                            2.4 black beast

Comment

Working...
                            X