greetings from Angola...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings from Angola...

currently in Luanda - Angola at our companys base here for a few weeks- bit of a dodgy place
    drove passed loads slums this morning

BUT - I have seen several 4runners about the place, bit dented, and not very modded!!
    Also stacks of landcruisers, hilux's and rav4's everywhere!

feeling a bit lost not having the 4runner to tinker with in evenings!, but saving money on parts!,
    andrew
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Originally posted by andycook
    currently in Luanda - Angola at our companys base here for a few weeks- bit of a dodgy place
    drove passed loads slums this morning

BUT - I have seen several 4runners about the place, bit dented, and not very modded!!
    Also stacks of landcruisers, hilux's and rav4's everywhere!

feeling a bit lost not having the 4runner to tinker with in evenings!, but saving money on parts!,
    andrew
    My friend lived there for a while. Her husbands job took him to some wierd places and he got a 2 year posting to Angola with Crown Agents. She found it quite scary at times. They lived on a huge complex of what looked like big sheds but were actually very well constructed and furnished. She couldn't even drive herself about outside the complex. Had to have a driver. She didn't speak Portugese, driver didn't speak English...pretty boring trips to Luanda .... She didn't stay the full 2 years, drove her potty so she came home.

Hope you have more success than she did..
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Angola

I,ll be in Angola in 2 weeks, regular visitor there, you need a 4 x 4 just for the main roads, some class potholes around. Are you in the oil business ?

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

yeah - youre right about the roads!
        really notice a difference between going in minibus and prado, better in the prado!
        the best roads are here in Sonhills base!
        and worst just outside it

yes im an oily person - Geologist with Baker Hughes
        how about yourself? do you come to Luanda or elsewhere

i was wrong - about 4runners - they are SURFS !, and a lot are V6

the anti 4x4 brigade would have a fit here, i reckon 10-20% vehciles are 4x4, but like you say, you need them

the toyota van taxis (blue and white) are crazy here,

Originally posted by Bogus
        I,ll be in Angola in 2 weeks, regular visitor there, you need a 4 x 4 just for the main roads, some class potholes around. Are you in the oil business ?

Bogus
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

really notice a difference between going in minibus and prado, better in the prado!

the anti 4x4 brigade would have a fit here, i reckon 10-20% vehciles are 4x4, but like you say, you need them

The Anti 4x4 brigade wuld probably be killed by all the 4x4 drivers anyway - that would do the world a favour

Comment

Im offshore on an FPSO usually just pass through but once in a trip I have to come in for a day to attend a meeting. Dont tell me youve been in one of those blue/whites, Id be way too chicken. Have you seen the big black "Pimp my ride " Hummer thats around.?

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Hi
              Pull in if your down this way.

enzo
              @africa4x4cafe
              [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

No i havent been in a blue/white and after seeing them drive it will be the last thing i do!!. we use PAL or baker hughes drivers transport to get around
                what makes me laugh is that they often have tried to pimp them with silver plastic wheel hubs?!!!
                even though 1/2 body work missing, cracked windscreen, black smoke pouring from back! and crammed full of 20 locals,

havent seen the hummer yet, but was stuck in traffic behind a nice 3rd Gen 4runner this morning and a V8 cruiser,

what field/rig is your FPSO hooked-up to?
                we are working on total and esso at moment

andy
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                X