Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi all. been lurking for a few weeks now. Just thought I would say hello.
    Got to say, this is a brilliant forum, so many freindly and helpfull people !!!
    Finally picked up my Surf yesterday.....Doesn't life change ?. (got bored with driving years ago !) now I seem to be making excuses to go out in the surf !!! Am I turning into a sad old g*t or wot ?
    Any way a couple of questions. Sorry if these have allready been asked. couldn't find much with the search facility.

1...Does anyone know of anywhere in the Bournemouth area that I could get my Surf under sealed, and would they recomend them ?

2...Has anyone ever fitted "powerfold" mirrors to their Surf ? What I mean is mirrors that fold in at the press of a button. (Very narrow driveway) is this even possible ?

Many thanks
    JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Welcome to the mad house, glad you find it friendly and helpful on here. You will need to avoid the mad ones you will find out who they are soon enough they are the ones who claim to be sane, just hiding their insanity really.
    Power mirrors, not come across this one before. Suppose it is possible to do but not sure on the best route for this. Over to someone else on this one.
    Underseal, can't recommend any one down your way but waxoyl is an easy enough job to do yourself, warm it up and keep it warm and use a garden sprayer to coat the underside of your motor. Need to keep it pretty warm so the liquid stays runny enough to use in the sprayer. Can't beat doing it yourself you know its done properly then.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by jjon
      2...Has anyone ever fitted "powerfold" mirrors to their Surf ? What I mean is mirrors that fold in at the press of a button. (Very narrow driveway) is this even possible ?

Many thanks

Not sure if you can interchange them , but the 3rd gen Surfs have them , well my SSR-G has anyway .

Comment

Finally picked up my Surf yesterday.....Doesn't life change ?. (got bored with driving years ago !) now I seem to be making excuses to go out in the surf !!! Am I turning into a sad old g*t or wot ?
        Any way a couple of questions. Sorry if these have allready been asked. couldn't find much with the search facility.

1...Does anyone know of anywhere in the Bournemouth area that I could get my Surf under sealed, and would they recomend them ?

Many thanks
        Yipppppeeeeeeee

At long last someone from my Neck of the Woods, .

Welcome to The Surf Kingdom "JJON" Glad to have you aboard
        Great place this, loads of info available, loads of Very Nice People
        Loads of fun to be had
        Like Koi said, there are some that are total lunatics on this Forum BUT you will get to know who they are quickly enough

What Surf have you got?
        Post a picture of your New Surf, that way I can spot you when I am in Bournemouth

Don't have my Surf anymore (2nd Gen)
        BUT will be getting a 3rd Gen early next year
        They let me stay on the Forum to bring some Sanity to the place
        See you around

Colin

PS....Sorry forgot to add

Try GRS in Jameson Road, Winton for your Waxoil Treatment
        Ask for NEIL (Great Guy, I used to work there, until an A**H**E took it over )
        BUT it would be best to do it your self, dirty job BUT you get the satisfaction of knowing YOU did the job and did it RIGHT

Colin
        Last edited by colincd; 15 November 2003, 10:44.
        NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Welcome to the life changing experience, you wont regret buying the Surf.

You might regret joining the madhouse

Only joking.

Rich.

Just noticed another sparky too
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Many thanks
            not a sad old g*t. just found your way home mate.
            WELCOME to the mad HOUSE.

martin
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Welcome jjon. You won't regret finding this forum. drive my motor ever day (70 mile round trip) and still find excuses to whizz round the lanes. First vehicle in years that I like to drive for the fun of it. ( Last was a very hot Triumph Dolomite Sprint).
              Wer'e not all mad. Well I am.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Welcome JJon! Don't be put off by the mad ones - most of us are sane and sober!!!! Great choice of car - you'll never regret it!!!

Post us some piccies to ogle and make sure you book a place on my M3 convoy one day to get your baby nice and MUDDY!!!!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi every one. Thanks for all the replies and welcomes. Decided to do my own undersealing. Will post piccies as soon as I get the chance. Mirrors can wait awhile. Just got to get an immobiliser fitted for the insurance (direct line).
                  Another sparks......yep 30 years in the trade.
                  Convoy idea sounds great Linda.
                  Hi Colincd......I'm in Ensbury park area. Blue K reg 2.4 with a gazzunder spare wheel.

Thanks again for all the replies. Hope everyone that goes to the Devils Pit meeting has a great day. I am sure you will. And I am not jealous that I cant go......Absolutely not......Definitely not.....Well allright just a little bit.
                  Have a great time.
                  JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Comment

Working...
                  X