Stooopid Question.... Help Req'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stooopid Question.... Help Req'd

hey people, please excuse the stooopid question, but.......
    a friend of mine is seriously looking to by a surf, good man you might think....... his main concern is that he's a big lad (steady ladies) 6'4" and the wrong side of 18 stone....... will he fit in a surf...? steering wheel / leg room etc. i'm only 5'10" and 15 stone (wid iclke legs... !!) so, i'm not the one to answer his concerns.

now i know this all sound rather silly, but it's not meant to be.....

your help is much appreciated.

see ya'll
    Planty

The answer is yes, I'll apologise first but there are a few people on here who are slightly portly, and quite a few who are giants so I don't think there will be a problem, the surf actually has more room thank my Landcruiser (apart from head room that is) but the Surf has quite a bit of head room too.

Comment

let him sit in yours, too find out
      but not while he eating all the pie's (sorry could not resist)
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
        let him sit in yours, too find out
        but not while he eating all the pie's (sorry could not resist)
        haahaa.....
        did that last night pops, he seemed a little cramped in there. mine (like many others) seems a little different to some, no hard/soft switch for one........ we reckoned that with a smaller steering wheel he'd be ok. there didn't seem to be much adjustment left on the seat from my (vertically challenged) postion. so i got to thinking maybe mine was lacking the seat adjustment department.

thanks again guys, i think we're gonna go and look at some on sunday.

see ya'll
        Planty

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
          haahaa.....
          did that last night pops, he seemed a little cramped in there. mine (like many others) seems a little different to some, no hard/soft switch for one........ we reckoned that with a smaller steering wheel he'd be ok. there didn't seem to be much adjustment left on the seat from my (vertically challenged) postion. so i got to thinking maybe mine was lacking the seat adjustment department.

thanks again guys, i think we're gonna go and look at some on sunday.

see ya'll
          Planty
          Planty,

Im 6'6" and fit OK, im a bit slimmer than 18 stone mind! I have a smaller wheel in mine, a nice wooden one that was already fitted when imported, should be an easy job, I find the leg room fine and the only thing I would sugest for a larger fella is not to get the Recaro seats as they are kinda like buket seats and may be a bit of a squeeze.

Rob.
          Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Getting them in is not a problem, its getting them out after a long trip!
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

I'm just under 6'4'' (when standing up) and the wrong side of 19 stone ( I know hard to believe as I look so slim) . I got the 4 Runner and fit in no probs . It has a sunroof and with my back prob I have the seat back as upright as possible . The sunroof on most cars lowers the roof height and I hit my head on the frame . Not in the 4Runner , I am suprised by the comfort of the seats even with 240,000+ km on the clock . Gamedawn (Roger) is 6'6''+ and he fits comfortably enough in his 2nd Gen .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Gamedawn (Roger) is 6'6''+ and he fits comfortably enough in his 2nd Gen .
                6'8" actually (and a very trim 16st). Mind you the truck does have a body lift.
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

[QUOTE= Mind you the truck does have a body lift.[/QUOTE]
                  On the inside ?
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

if our big boys fit in the surf sure your mate will
                    or take drivers seat out and throw in a cushion to sit on hey
                    Pops

Comment

thanks for all your replies guys......

it seems my (large) mate will fit in a surf.........providing he has a smaller steering wheel fitted, the seat is junked in favour of a nice soft cushion and the surf has a lift kit fitted...... !!! and most important of all........ i hold the remaining pies while he gets in........ heehee.

seriously though, thanks for all your help. i feel better about taking him around various surf outlets in the bristol area now. then again if you've seen (believe) the weather on the news down this way....... he'll be better off buying a boat...!!!

see ya'll
                      Planty

Comment

he can tow a boat with a surf

and pass us a PIE
                        Pops

Comment

With today's weather he'd probably be better off towing the surf with a boat!

Ken
                          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

I'm 5' 11" & 1/2" and a bloater. If he's got a fat ar*e like mine it can get cramped and the seat belt a bit tight. The leg room is fine for me and the ride is still comfy. I've got the 3rd Gen and the seats adjust up/down, back/forward and has a tilt on it too. The head room is good, but i'm a bit stumpier than your mate in the torso.

Comment

Working...
                            X