AC re-gas and advice on diesel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC re-gas and advice on diesel pump

Firstly, does anyone know where I can get my surf re-gassed in south devon>>??

OK

Question No.2.................. My manual surf plumes black smoke when started and when pulling at low revs......... could it just be the diesel pump is cranked up to much??

If so, is it a major job and will I bugger the fuel lines up by changing it myself??

Thanks guys.................

regas ac

hi sparkyaj ref recharge ac try ARG motors they only charge 12 to 15 quid good service there and they are at bovey tracey not far to travel hope this helps paul

Comment

re-black smoke

Well known fact that they all blow black smoke out the back. if you look on e-bay under hilux-surf, there is somthing to stop the smoke, though when you read into it, it makes the engine get hotter. Not for me, i like the black smoke, especially when some posh dude in a cabrolet is behind me...

Comment

Originally posted by boo
        Well known fact that they all blow black smoke out the back. if you look on e-bay under hilux-surf, there is somthing to stop the smoke, though when you read into it, it makes the engine get hotter. Not for me, i like the black smoke, especially when some posh dude in a cabrolet is behind me...

Comment

boo did the chap who sold you your surf tell you they ALL smoke? try a search for egr mod
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Black smoke

Well known fact that they all blow black smoke out the back

Utter rubbish. Do as chillit suggests. When was it last serviced? Have you tried the 'Redex treatment' (also can be found under search.)
            Pete

Comment

Stuff on e bay is crap mate of mine tried it... no difference at all..try the forte diesel fuel treatment or as pete said redex or wynns... mine never smokes in public!!
              DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                Stuff on e bay is crap mate of mine tried it... no difference at all..try the forte diesel fuel treatment or as pete said redex or wynns... mine never smokes in public!!
                Stuff on ebay is just the EGR mod, it's sticking a ball bearing up the egr pipe, can easily be done by using an appropriately sized screw or by bending over the pipe and securing with a quick tie.

Mine didn't smoke, did the following.

EGR mod
                Run redex through the fuel system regularly.
                Change injectors - £70 per set from www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk
                Change glow plugs.

It also sailed through the MOT emissions test every time - 0.4 on the CO2

All diesels will smoke somewhat under hard accelleration once they get a few miles on them (and some when they are new) however injectors and EGR are the main causes. Injectors get coked up and the springs get soft. The injectors then let the engine overfuel - black smoke is unburnt diesel.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X