Squeaky Tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky Tyres?

When going round corners, even at low speed, the tyres squeal like a James Bond movie. Its a 93 2.4 SSRG with Firestone Firehawk tyres, 4wd off, suspension set to hard, tyre pressure 30 psi all round.
    Damaged Diff?, Freewheeling Hubs? Whaddya think?
    Its not the end of the world but just one of those things gets to you after a while...
    Many thanks Robin

Just the compound of the tyres, my cherokee used to do this, can't remeber what tyres they were. Some tyres squeal others don't I find. The softer the compound the more squealing.

Cheers

Comment

I've noticed in the recent hot weather that my Yokohamas squeal a lot. Gives me an even bigger grin going round roundabouts. My daughter just sits there and gives me 'that' look.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        I've noticed in the recent hot weather that my Yokohamas squeal a lot. Gives me an even bigger grin going round roundabouts. My daughter just sits there and gives me 'that' look.
        must be a woman thing - I get that look off the wife!

as for the squeal - it's the heat on the tarmac. there's a scientific explination for it somewhere too
        Dave

Comment

Nice one

Thanks for the info, nice one
          Robin

Comment

Originally posted by robin
            When going round corners, even at low speed, the tyres squeal like a James Bond movie. Its a 93 2.4 SSRG with Firestone Firehawk tyres, 4wd off, suspension set to hard, tyre pressure 30 psi all round.
            Damaged Diff?, Freewheeling Hubs? Whaddya think?
            Its not the end of the world but just one of those things gets to you after a while...
            Many thanks Robin
            I had Toyo tyres fitted before my mud tyres and they squealed until I got my tracking done.

Just a thought.

Comment

Bridgestone Duellers do it on certain road surfaces. Frightens the hell out of pedestrians on the bend just before Waterloo Bridge
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                Yup, my Yokos squeal too! So did the Firestones we had on an old Ford Explorer years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X