Ride side-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride side-on

Anybody done a lift of one sort or another? Minor or major, sublime to the ridiculous? Can you take a direct side on photograph to show your results. When I say lift I mean anything from the basic to the big, from putting bigger tyres on (30"up), bigger rims, and on and on to putting +2" rear coils in, new shocks in, cranking the torsion bars (or not), new front shocks, body lifts, serious lasupertrux suspension lift-kits. I'm trying to get an idea of what can be achieved with new rims and tyres, new shocks and springs, and then whats to be had by buying the kits.
    I see in the Owners Picture Gallery that some guys have done this and that but its hard to see what the lift does for the truck without a dead straight side-on picture.
    • Gamedawn's done a 2" lift with new procomp shocks and springs and 31's on 15"rims, sounds nice and simple whats it look like
    • Rusty has the same as Gamedawn
    • Sumo has a great side on pic and it looks great - whats been done Sumo?
    • Rich lifted the rear with new springs and shocks, did u touch the front torsions or not
    • Ems & Jim are running 16's
    • Delboy (I've seen this one in the cold light of day and it looks great) a 1" body lift, what tyres u got Derek cant remember, factory shocks hardly knowing you?
    • TonyN I'd like to see a side-on pic of the runner with the torsion bars cranked 1" and your +2" springs and procomp shox

It'd be great to get a load of the type of pic I'm talking about, then at the bottom of each one a simple paragraph to say whats been done to get the truck to look the way it does.

LA Super Trux 2" rear lift + 2" torsion bar crank up. 31" tyres.

Side steps removed....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 14 November 2003, 22:40.

Comment

"Rich lifted the rear with new springs and shocks, did u touch the front torsions or not"

No, I just set them to approx 14 inches from the inside of the wheel arch to the wheel rim

All my pics are here:

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...cs%20index.htm

The best pics are the Beaulieu ones as I had the Procomps fitted. The old shocks were cattle trucked.
      Last edited by rich; 14 November 2003, 23:12.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Looks a bit like this
        Attached Files
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

ride side on

1st gen 3" bodylift

Comment

rideside on 2

try again
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fenman666; 19 April 2007, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by fenman666
              1st gen 3" bodylift
              mines a 1st gen too but all I did was replace the tired old springs with new slightly uprated ones and put procomp 9000s all round. the first piccie is before and the2nd is after. The difference is not very clear but the again the best mods are the you cant see?

sumo.
              Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:13.
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
              X