Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con in East Anglia

Hi,
    My air-con is busted. I have searched the forums and got loads of tips...all brill which have helped me greatly, now I know my gas has gone....

My Q is, does anyone know reputable air-con tester and re-gasser in the suffolk/cambs area? I just want to feel good and not get too ripped off if possible.

Any help/referalls most appreciated.

Thanks !!!

i know a good guy near me (other end of M11 to you), a bit past Harlow. I will be taking mine there soon - might be a bit far but if your ever down here it might be handy - not used him yet but have taken my parents LandCruiser there to fix a leak and re-gas and the guy who owns it is the husband of my old maths teacher, now theres a good reason to go

Andrew H Young
    Unit 4, Prospect Business Park, Langston Road, Loughton.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Me too!

Gonna be watching this thread, I have a 93 2.4 SSRG and need to change from R12 to RS34a,(or whatever).Got a quote for £65, great! (Had previously explained make and model and the R12 business), get there and hey presto! its £300+ ; The refill nipple has to be changed and so do all the seals, the condenser/drier unit has to go, new this new that! Now am I smelling 'farmyard smells' or do I have a sweaty summer ahead?
      The garage in question is on Starling Rd, Norwich (cant remember the name). If your Surf has Rs34a Then after exustive searching on this site £65 seems like a good price for a regas

Regards Robin

Comment

Just checked through my service history and the system was changed from R12 to R134a for £90 and the charged and added dye for £60 - both +VAT and done by MGN Motors, N10.
        No idea what they are like but just thought it might help you out for prices.
        Was a year or 2 ago mind.
        Tim

Comment

aircon

Originally posted by dayfut
          Hi,
          My air-con is busted. I have searched the forums and got loads of tips...all brill which have helped me greatly, now I know my gas has gone....

My Q is, does anyone know reputable air-con tester and re-gasser in the suffolk/cambs area? I just want to feel good and not get too ripped off if possible.

Thanks !!!
          Hi
          Same problem, need a re-gas. found a mobile service coming to me for test
          and re-gas £60 using R12
          here's his details

Air Medic
          107, Barley Croft, Harlow, Essex CM18 7RA
          Tel: 07717 033543

this is happening the end of the week I'll keep you posted
          Last edited by Puppywalker; 23 June 2005, 19:07. Reason: update
          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Mmnn

Originally posted by tonytom
            Hi
            and re-gas £60 using R12.

here's his details

Air Medic

Whoah, Yes ! £60 I'm up for that! Just got back from Dingles Toyota dealership here in Norwich and yes it seems it is a complete air con refit for RS134a, so yes I'll be very interested to hear how it goes. Good luck !
            Robin

Comment

Originally posted by dayfut
              Hi,

Thanks !!!
              Hi the guys that do mine in Felixstowe are good and are reasonably priced.
              They are called Air-medic (01394 274069 ) a bit far from you I know but they might have a local branch near you.
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

OK! had the system checked and re-gassed, first class job , sound guy and £60 highly recommended and he is happy to travel to most areas. he used R24 gas which is compatable.
                www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

might well use him if he comes to me and it that cheap
                  Tim

Comment

theres a mobile unit in bedfordshire im sure does re gassing for £40+ vat... gonna go find the number
                    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Finally settled for a local outfit, East Anglin Rad Services in Bury St. Edmunds.
                      I had a leak but the dye found it. Then the vacuum test and R23 fill-up cost £90 inc....

cool as a cuke now

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                        Hi
                        and re-gas £60 using R12
                        here's his details

Air Medic

Just to say Mark (details above) just did my air con with R134a as mine had already been converted, he did a really good job with full vacuum test etc and for the first time my air con is working!!! Lovely Jubly
                        I would recommend him anyone who needs thiers doing and he travels to most places and can supply R12 too so give him a call before you think he's too far away.
                        Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X