2.7 or 3.4 in Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.7 or 3.4 in Petrol

Rightly or wrongly i aint that interested in a diesel...no towing or offroading to do. As 3rd gen petrol versions are so much cheaper at the jap auctions just wondered if anyone had an oppinion on the 2.7 vs the 3.4 engines. oh and i'll probably do an lpg for the economy when i get it over here...assume both are ok for this?

cheers
    scuddy

realised wasting my time with this government and lpg...all gob and no commitment to policies. 20-30% hike in lpg duty in the autumn!!!???, no investment in public transport and fuel prices back to the y2k strike days.

My father in law runs a chippie so its diesel and home filtered veg oil 4 me...stick that Blair
    Last edited by Scuddy; 15 June 2005, 23:52. Reason: changed mind
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

there aint no substitute for cubic inches!
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

I have no experiance of the 2.7, and only second hand info on the 3.4, but the 3.4 is 'sposed to be lovely motor, far better than the 3.0 it replaced, giving more HP and better MPG. Personally when the choice is a I4 or V6, V wins ever time.

Any manufacturer that offers a Supercharger as a option has to be applauded! Get the 3.4.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers Tony

still musing over lpg proposed hikes...didn't realise the 3.4 was supercharged..any info on HP output??

-----------------------------------------

Just found outputs for both petrol models

2.7 - 110kW @ 4500rpm = 147 HP

3.4 - 136kW @ 4800rpm = 182HP

assuming 1HP (UK) = 1.34kW
        Last edited by Scuddy; 16 June 2005, 00:22. Reason: Found HP outputs
        Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
          cheers Tony

still musing over lpg proposed hikes...didn't realise the 3.4 was supercharged..any info on HP output??
          Not sure, its a TRD retro fit, and Toyota will still warrentee the motor, the Yanks love it.

Have a look here....

http://www.toyotaworld.com/3.4L_supercharger.htm

Peak to peak gain: +64 HP (34%)
          Best gain: 75 HP @ 5,200 RPM (43%)
          Peak to peak gain: +50lb-ft torque (22%)
          Best gain: 77 lb-ft torque (43%)

cool huh?

standard the 3.4 varies in HP, from 180 to 190 on most websites.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cool indeed

3.4 supercharged...mmm now yer talkin... supe'd up novaz and sh*trons beware! just need some neon to finish the job
            Look out! Ee

Comment

yeah its aftermarket but good news its on ebay as we speak Item number 7980601419 only 1000 quid if i had the right car and the money i would buy this, Mr brown can go stick it. the smile on my face would be worth it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
                yeah its aftermarket but good news its on ebay as we speak Item number 7980601419 only 1000 quid if i had the right car and the money i would buy this, Mr brown can go stick it. the smile on my face would be worth it!!!
                plenty around for those newer engines... so 185hp + 65hp = 250hp !!!!
                it would fly mate!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X