wheel tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel tracking

Decided to finally get round to sorting out the tracking – ATS quoted £29 – not bad I thought seeing as it’s all done with lasers and mirrors – bit like a Pink Floyd show I was hoping – anyway, when I got there, after 15 minutes of heaving and swearing, they decided they couldn’t loosen the adjusting tube to do the tracking!

Now I’m back to square one again, I was a bit dubious about doing a heat-it-up job as it’s so close to the ball joints – any ideas anyone?
    Dave

Originally posted by Draig
    Decided to finally get round to sorting out the tracking – ATS quoted £29 – not bad I thought seeing as it’s all done with lasers and mirrors – bit like a Pink Floyd show I was hoping – anyway, when I got there, after 15 minutes of heaving and swearing, they decided they couldn’t loosen the adjusting tube to do the tracking!

Now I’m back to square one again, I was a bit dubious about doing a heat-it-up job as it’s so close to the ball joints – any ideas anyone?
    You can put heat on them which i'm suprised that ATS didn't do. I have installed new adjusters which have cured this and there fully greased up! They are cheap from the dealers.
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

cheers - I was surprised too, although to be fair if they are uncertain, I'd rather they didn't just in case they damaged anything.

I think they didn't know what a surf was to be honest. And I completely stumped them mentioning tyres and exhausts for it!
      Dave

Comment

Mention 4runner of the same year they will have it listed.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Draig

Exactly the same happened tome - except I went to AJM in Camborne - They couldn't loosen the adjusting tube, even after a heat job, WD40 and a length of scaffold bar on the stilsons.....taking it into Treverbyn motors tomorrow to get the rods sorted then back to AJM to get the tracking done.....Could probably do it myself if it's easy to put new tracking rods on but as I've only had it 4 weeks thought garage would be best bet..

Comment

MMM phoned NTS just to do a double check"4x4 sir, no problem although the adjusters may be seized, so it'll cost you £30."

went up, 30 mins later - tracking sorted!
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X