yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm about to buy a 2.4, am I making a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to buy a 2.4, am I making a mistake?

The thing is, one of the main reasons I want to buy it (apart from the fact that it's a really cool vehicle) is to pull a big twin axle caravan (1450Kg fully loaded).

Is this a good idea?

The current owner has spent thousands on it, including a recon short engine, new head, turbo, injectors, rad, coil springs, dampers .....the list goes on.

Any thoughts guys?

with all that done you *should* be ok but theres always a chance...

personally i would go for a 3.0 espeically for towing just gives it that bit more kick,

Comment

bigger

go for the 3.0 mate definatly for towing
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Yep go for the 3ltr, I got a 2.4 and love it to bits,but for pulling a big van like that the 3ltr is your best option.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

If you can afford it, go for the 3.0. If I'd had the money, I would have. If I ever have the money to upgrade it'll be a 3.0 gen 2.

If you don't have the money, that 2.4 with all that work done will do just fine, albeit a little slower.

BTW - What's a recon short engine? Was it an OE head or a modified head? Has he got receipts/proof?

Good luck,

Mark
          :

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've decided to go for a 3 litre. If anyone would like to know about the 2.4 drop me a message. It has receipts for everything - the cost of which exceed the value of the car. It's in excellent condition, but alas it seems it just will not be up to towing my van. Shame really as I'd rather fallen in love with it!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidY80

I've decided to go for a 3 litre. If anyone would like to know about the 2.4 drop me a message. It has receipts for everything - the cost of which exceed the value of the car. It's in excellent condition, but alas it seems it just will not be up to towing my van. Shame really as I'd rather fallen in love with it!

have a look at the thread in, "non-surf related stuff?" about towing, started by Marky, i think, he was pulling 21ft and 1250kg of caravan "with ease" with a 2.4 although obviously a 3.0ltr would be more powerful.

ship

Comment

Originally posted by DavidY80

you could tow with it, its just the 3.0 would tow it a lot easyer and you wouldnt have the head fears every time your temp goes up a bit,

Comment

Working...
                X