Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery's, are a snip!

Months ago.....

Surf was getting sluggish at starting in the morning, progressively getting worse, till I took a look under bonnet, and discovered no water in batteries!

Nipped round the accessory shop and poured the litre of water in the first battery......

eek! all gone!

Went back to shop and bought another two litres, added one litre to the other battery, then distributed the remaining bottle across the two!

Batteries full! Shop minus 3 litres!

Starts like a goodun!

Months go by.......

...seems sluggish starting in the morning.....

...next day, really lazy, not sure it will start after work!

.....get to work, check bat levels, all OK, come to go home, ........, ring RAC, RAC jump start me, run engine for 1 hour, next morning, make arrangements to have spare battery on hand, no need starts first time, lazily

Nip round to local spares shop, two new batteries,

£75 quid the pair, two year guarantee, Exides.

Beat that!

Moral is.........

What do you expect from 10 year old batteries?
    Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Originally posted by TimberSurf
    Months ago.....

Surf was getting sluggish at starting in the morning, progressively getting worse, till I took a look under bonnet, and discovered no water in batteries!

Nipped round the accessory shop and poured the litre of water in the first battery......

eek! all gone!

Went back to shop and bought another two litres, added one litre to the other battery, then distributed the remaining bottle across the two!

Batteries full! Shop minus 3 litres!

Starts like a goodun!

Months go by.......

...seems sluggish starting in the morning.....

...next day, really lazy, not sure it will start after work!

.....get to work, check bat levels, all OK, come to go home, ........, ring RAC, RAC jump start me, run engine for 1 hour, next morning, make arrangements to have spare battery on hand, no need starts first time, lazily

Nip round to local spares shop, two new batteries,

£75 quid the pair, two year guarantee, Exides.

Beat that!

Moral is.........

What do you expect from 10 year old batteries?
    very similar story here, picked up 2 from the local garage for 35.00 each............. that was before vat and i had to wait for a day. still i was happy with that. the exact same size but with handles which made lifting them in a whole lot easier........

see ya'll
    Planty

Comment

Working...
    X