Rip-off Merchants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip-off Merchants

H@lfords strikes again! (Put the @ in because I treat H@lfords as a swear word now!)

Needed to get some silver spray paint for a job I was doing (making new towbar look good) and the most convenient place was...well yes you guessed it.

I'd previously bought the same paint, very recently, from two different wholesalers for £1.50 a tin (and they must be making a profit). Halfords - self same tin, an unbelievable £7.99!!!

Come on! You expect some mark up, but surely that's just extortion.

The biggest thing that disappointments me is that I actually went in there again! NEVER AGAIN!

Just wanted to share this with peeps - I'm guessing that this is typical of Halfords Value for Money Range!
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

h@lfords just posted their profits for the year.. it was either 66 or 77 million..its all too traumatic...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
      H@lfords strikes again! (Put the @ in because I treat H@lfords as a swear word now!)

Needed to get some silver spray paint for a job I was doing (making new towbar look good) and the most convenient place was...well yes you guessed it.

I'd previously bought the same paint, very recently, from two different wholesalers for £1.50 a tin (and they must be making a profit). Halfords - self same tin, an unbelievable £7.99!!!

Come on! You expect some mark up, but surely that's just extortion.

The biggest thing that disappointments me is that I actually went in there again! NEVER AGAIN!

Just wanted to share this with peeps - I'm guessing that this is typical of Halfords Value for Money Range!
      Don't you mean Halfrauds....

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
      X