No announcement yet.

How Friendly Are Surf Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have A LOT of surfs near me, none have a forum sticker and none have waved back, I must find the calling cards and print me some off, I see a lot of surfs when Im walking the dogs, one guy round the corner did have a series 1 and 2 but now only has the later, Search function here I come.

And I'll keep waving like a loon

Rob
    Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Calling cards

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...=calling+cards

Found these calling cards......
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
        Cheers Dave, I found those too, but the last post on that thread by Morr has a link to better quality one's, I now have nice colour calling cards with me, just need to cut them out and tart leaving them on surfs!

Rob
        Rob & Miranda

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          hey draig know any one who wants anice shiny s16s?

lol

I got one, so has my mate Mick, he's got the new shrouded one. Don't you like yours? I find them really heavy, but accurate. Just make sure you load them properly!!!
          Dave

Comment

i had the mk1, after sending it back 4 times, i got them to swap it for the shouded one... much better. but while it was gone i have been playing with my rws rapier... stock with battery compartment and such....loguns still in its box..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I have A LOT of surfs near me, none have a forum sticker and none have waved back, I must find the calling cards and print me some off, I see a lot of surfs when Im walking the dogs, one guy round the corner did have a series 1 and 2 but now only has the later, Search function here I come.
              Orions Pop

Where abouts in west sussex are you.
              I keep waving and giving the nod of respect to all Surfers I see on the roads,
              get a few back to.
              Regular waves with the dude in the Black Surf, around Southwick,Shoreham area!!

Comment

Originally posted by red harry
                Orions Pop

Where abouts in west sussex are you.
                I keep waving and giving the nod of respect to all Surfers I see on the roads,
                get a few back to.
                Regular waves with the dude in the Black Surf, around Southwick,Shoreham area!!
                Harry, Im in Worthing/Salvington but am over your way quite a bit, Im in a grey gen 2 with the forum sticker in the top O/S of the windscreen.

Rob
                Rob & Miranda

Comment

will keep an eye out for ya.

Comment

is there a recognised "correct" place for the surf star? mines top centre of the windscreen.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                    << grey double cab
                    <<<<<<<<<<<<<
                    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
                      is there a recognised "correct" place for the surf star? mines top centre of the windscreen.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                      << grey double cab
                      <<<<<<<<<<<<<

As long as you can see it thats cool, besides your TRD stickers stand out more, unfortunatly that was as I went past so didn't wave, sorry.

Rob.
                      Rob & Miranda

Comment

Originally posted by keef
                        Nick.
                        Easy with the sweeping generalisations M8.
                        I had to resurect my 1994 Land Rover Defender as the cam belt went on my Surf. Without fail I get acknowledgement from other Defenders, This does'nt necessarily mean they are freindlier just that a Defender is instantly recogniseable! I obviously miss my Surf and am counting the days to it's return but ,at the risk of incuring mass abuse, the Defender is a proper no frills 4x4 and has proven to be more reliable than my beloved Surf. I'm with you on your definition of most 4x4 owners but I'm more than slightly confused that you lumped Land Rovers in with the others.
                        Rant over.
                        Keef
                        Keef, didn't mean to offend anyone but it was only a generalisation. I am sure that most people here got the general idea of what I was saying.

I am sure that drivers in other makes of 4x4's or any other marque of car, acknowledge each other on the road, but I was just giving my opinion - a bit tongue-in-cheek I may add - of why maybe some Surf drivers don't wave back to others. I lumped Landys and Range Rovers in with it cos although they perform admirably off road, as do some other 4x4's, there are loads that never go off road and are only used for driving the kids to school or going to the office. Having said that, I am well aware that this also applies to the good old Surf.

Hope you see what I mean now,

Cheers, Nick
                        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
                          Theres one bloke i pass on the way to work every night, i let on but get no reaction, all the time. What can you do!
                          I wave at every surf I see,but as I got a 1st GEN a lot of surfers dont cotton on to the fact that its a surf,also any one thats been flashed by a blue DAF 95xf wagon & drag that ME TOO.
                          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Orions_pop
                            As long as you can see it thats cool, besides your TRD stickers stand out more, unfortunatly that was as I went past so didn't wave, sorry.

Rob.
                            what colour is your surf? red? clocked a red surf in crawley a couple of weeks ago, too late to wave,
                            Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Nick.
                              Sorry m8, no offence meant or taken.I've got a School at the end of my road and it's wall to wall with Shoguns/Pajeros so I understand the bones of your point all to well!
                              I was taken aback a while ago when simultaneous waving happened, I had been acknowledged by the luvverly Linda , It's so rare to have a wave replied to let alone by a female( I treasure things like that nowadays!!)
                              Should hopefully get the Surf back end(ish) of next week.
                              A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Orions_pop
                                Harry, Im in Worthing/Salvington but am over your way quite a bit, Im in a grey gen 2 with the forum sticker in the top O/S of the windscreen.

Rob
                                Hmmmmmmmmm, think I had better through out a tow rope next time I chug along the A27 on the way to Pompey for a trip to the IOW.

Trev
                                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                                X