No announcement yet.

This will make you laugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes even when I'm driving my Corolla, I have a feeling of superiority when I see other 4x4s, cos I've got a Surf. There are a couple of 2004/2005 Merc, BMW, Volvo & Range Rover 4x4s in my town. I feel smug passing them, and I can see the smugness on their faces too - they think their '05 never-go-off-road-except-when-mates-from-work-are-down-for-the-weekend-when-I-bring-it-onto-the-beach-for-a-splash-to-show-off machines are better than mine.

They are certainly cleaner. And don't handle like Starsky's car in a field. And don't have half-chewed Skittles stuck in the rear seat belt buckles.

But I'd love you guys to have seen me usurp the guy in the 2003 Discovery who couldn't tow another guy with an old Astra out of the soft sand on a beach where I just happened to be one Sunday last summer, when simply because I happened to have a proper tow rope, I was able to help.

Discovery guy did say that if he'd had a rope he'd have helped, but thinking back, I got the impression he'd have been unsure of how to drive on soft sand, let alone tow on it . . .

Not that I'm a good off-road driver at all - I've just read a lot and have an interest in off-roading & what my Surf can actually do, not just in how good it looks (which is pretty damn good) . . .

Mark
    :

Comment

Working...
    X