A productive day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A productive day

Finally got around to getting some long overdue stuff due on the Surf today, brought it to have the camber and tracking adjusted, as the camber has been way out since I fitted the lift and destroying the front tyres, not that I was too worried coz I'm changing em anyway.

That done I ordered a new centre exhaust and tail section, been a bit porous for over a year now

Got a price on new 285/75/16 BFG A/T's @ €175 Euro ea fitted, which I'm very happy with so ordered them.

Then home to change the engine oil, oil & air filters and the oil in both diffs.

Found leaking seal on TX box forward output shaft so rang Mr Yota, gave him the P/N and ordered that.

Also took off my spare wheel before driving around and experienced the quietest miles I've had in this Surf, have to get the top carrier hinge re-bushed, causing too many rattles.

And all this coz at arrived at work without my pass this morning (can't get air-side without it) so had to turn around and head home for it, halfway home I decided, sod it, take the day off and get some real work done

Now to change the TX box seal, change the tranny oil, lube the driveshafts...... damn, still loads to do later in the week!
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

and i thought the office staff were above the "oops i forgot my pass, best go home" trick.
    just jealous, all my managers know i can get from the car park back home and back to work in 20mins and still sign in without showing as late.

ps who do work for? i'm spanner wealding with ba at lgw
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
      and i thought the office staff were above the "oops i forgot my pass, best go home" trick.
      just jealous, all my managers know i can get from the car park back home and back to work in 20mins and still sign in without showing as late.

ps who do work for? i'm spanner wealding with ba at lgw
      Wielded the spanners for many years myself too, from '86 to around '97 when I sort of drifted into the IT side of the business, before ending up in Finance. This was all with Aer Lingus initially, who then split off their Maintenance wing into TEAM Aer Lingus, then sold to it FLS who sold out last year to SR Technics.
      Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Wielded the spanners for many years myself too, from '86 to around '97 when I sort of drifted into the IT side of the business, before ending up in Finance. This was all with Aer Lingus initially, who then split off their Maintenance wing into TEAM Aer Lingus, then sold to it FLS who sold out last year to SR Technics.
        started myself in '86 too, with Bcal, got bought by BA finished my apprentiship on the line in '89, peaked, still there!
        If you're in IT, hope for your sake SR tech don't use SAP, BA are trying to introduce it, (after completely B@st@rdising it,which has't helped) and you could say its not been smooth!

Comment

started myself in '86 too, with Bcal, got bought by BA finished my apprentiship on the line in '89, peaked, still there!
          If you're in IT, hope for your sake SR tech don't use SAP, BA are trying to introduce it, (after completely B@st@rdising it,which has't helped) and you could say its not been smooth!
          just seen where you are, ill be in Crawley Down early Sat morning ready for offroading, someone I know there is high up at the airport somewhere.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Well I'm no longer in IT, but was involved in the testing, troubleshooting & all technical staff training of our own system (VisAer) developed inhouse, launched in '98 and now being sold to airlines & maintenance orginasations worldwide, but since our purchase by SR they intend removing it and replacing it with their system by approx this september, so far the changeover is not looking good with anyone who has seen it saying its harder to use with less functionality than our current system. The new system? Yeah you got, SAP!
            Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              Well I'm no longer in IT, but was involved in the testing, troubleshooting & all technical staff training of our own system (VisAer) developed inhouse, launched in '98 and now being sold to airlines & maintenance orginasations worldwide, but since our purchase by SR they intend removing it and replacing it with their system by approx this september, so far the changeover is not looking good with anyone who has seen it saying its harder to use with less functionality than our current system. The new system? Yeah you got, SAP!
              oh dear!! BA have tried to launch SAP fully on the live a/c twice so far for trouble shooting, found lots of troubles to shoot! full launch postponed indefinately, causing us enough trouble that stores are using it. battle to get any parts, can have situation where you can see part but can't have it because the the system wont release it, especially if they have two seralised items, it tells you which one to issue you cant tell it the one you issued!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                just seen where you are, ill be in Crawley Down early Sat morning ready for offroading, someone I know there is high up at the airport somewhere.
                where are you going? not sure if i'm free, my wife's back from a week away with work so she may have plans!

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...t=bank+holiday
                  Brick Kiln farm
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Damn, its hard to keep up the productive momentum, still, got the exhaust replaced yesterday, centre box and rear section for €260.00 fitted, not too bad, milners parts would have cost me around €285.00 by the time you added carraige and VAT and convert to Euros. Why do companies like that insist on displaying prices ex vat?? its not like they are selling only to the trade who can reclaim vat, us regular punters can't!

Anyway, time to ring the tyre guy to see if my BFG's have arrived
                    Maurice

Comment

Hi Mo! Did you get your tyres yet. I see in your sig that you did, but i dont see any pics posted so you mustnt have.
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                        Hi Mo! Did you get your tyres yet. I see in your sig that you did, but i dont see any pics posted so you mustnt have.
                        Yep, got em on about 100Kms ago. Some rubbing to be sorted. They were tipping the front valance fairly frequentally, so I removed that on Saturday much better now!
                        I may need spacers as I think they are going to hit the upper a arm on full flex, but have not had time to get the jack out and check it properly.
                        Meanwhile I've developed a slight clunk somewhere in the rear suspension, so I've gotta check that out next.

Anyway, you're right, the proof is in the photos, and if this rain fecks off for a while this evening I'll do my best to remember and snap a few.
                        Maurice

Comment

Working...
                        X