Help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!!

Got into surf yesterday, and just got a click from the engine, checked both batterys one was showing red "dead". anyway changed batt and surf started up. Drove around for a while came home and parked her up. Now today got in to go to work started up, but i had to go back in to house, so swiched her off. when came back and tryd to swich her over nothing, that click again, left for a few seconds and tryd to turn her over, and like magic she started up again. now in work but dont think she will start up in the morning. Anyone have any ideas what it could be.

Cheers
    mark.

Could be starter motor, mine does it too even though both batteries are ok!
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
      Got into surf yesterday, and just got a click from the engine, checked both batterys one was showing red "dead". anyway changed batt and surf started up. Drove around for a while came home and parked her up. Now today got in to go to work started up, but i had to go back in to house, so swiched her off. when came back and tryd to swich her over nothing, that click again, left for a few seconds and tryd to turn her over, and like magic she started up again. now in work but dont think she will start up in the morning. Anyone have any ideas what it could be.

Cheers
      mark.
      Look first for loose/dirty battery and main earth connections. The fact that it started ok then a few minutes later wouldn't points to connections or main starter relay on it's way out. Do a search on the forum on starter relay/solenoid.
      Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
        Look first for loose/dirty battery and main earth connections. The fact that it started ok then a few minutes later wouldn't points to connections or main starter relay on it's way out. Do a search on the forum on starter relay/solenoid.
        Thanks peeps, were would i find solinoid then and is it easy to change.

Cheers

Comment

Has it been recently imported? I've imported 3 surfs. Batteries needed replacing on all three. All three had similar symptoms to yours up to replacing the batteries. Easy way to find out is try to take one of the batteries out and give it a charge overnight. In the morning take it off charge and check the voltage. Leave it all day without connecting it again and then check the voltage again. If the battery is duff it'll lose charge (show a lower voltage) even though it's not being used.

This'd be the first thing that I'd check.

Hope that help.

Rob
          Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Cheers m8, will have a go

Comment

Cleaned her all up, and even gave her a jet wash, now looking good, all systems are go at the mo, touch wood.

Comment

Must be somethin to do with the ladies at the cherry tree - always causing trouble them ! LoL....

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
                Cleaned her all up, and even gave her a jet wash, now looking good, all systems are go at the mo, touch wood.
                Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Nice pub m8, i know what you mean. lol

Comment

Had a similar problem a couple of months ago - turned out that one of the battery connectors was broken - just couldn't see it !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                    X