Just been to yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been to yorkshire

Ok I just travelled 550 mile round trip to yorkshire and didnt see one single surf.

What the h*** have you guys been doing all weekend.????

I travelled up Friday afternoon and just got there about 9ish.The traffic was awful. We were staying ingleton and went and walked one of the three peaks.

I think it was Whernside Nice little 2200 feet climb and a 8 mile walk in the rain and wind.The wifey thought it was great ,but i only dont mind bad weather when im playing golf.

The wife is going back in Spetember to do all three peaks ,but im not going . Im a little tired from the one.!!!!!

What did you guys all get upto as i dint see anyone.
    By the way beer was good!!!

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

You were in the wrong part, as I was staying near Pickering, and saw a few Surfs, none had stickers, no one waved back. Couldn't hand out calling cards because I was always passing in opposite directions.

Nice weather though don't you think!!
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

funny that... i was climbing all 284 munros!...

or was i drinking and sleeping?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yeah the weather was great..................P****** down when we started walking.

P****** down when we got to the top ( couldnt even see 10 feet in front of me let alone the three hundred foot drop just to my left.)

And the sun came out for the last half mile back to the car.

IT WAS GREAT!!

Comment

Im back off to PICKERING again on Wednesday for some chillin out time with the new CARAVAN just hope the weather is good. Theres nothing like moving house to test your stress levels especially when youve been chasing a Mortgage for 5 weeks
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

I'm up near Ingleton most bank holidays. I go camping a few miles away. Great bit of countryside.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Hey slugsie have you done any of the peaks yet.Great view from the top

Comment

Oh and if your up that way say Hi to Ned he lives in settle .I would have but I did'nt realise he was that close.( I went through settle twice )

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                  Hey slugsie have you done any of the peaks yet.Great view from the top
                  Nope, not done the peaks yet. I've done the Ingleton falls, that's a good walk (takes an afternoon or so), stunning scenery, and some nice waterfalls. There is also a good cave system that you get to from Clapham, worth a visit.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

I know we stayed in Ingleton at the wheatsheaf hotel . i wanted a look at those caves but we didnt have the time this visit.

The wifey is going back there in september to do the three peaks challenge for charity. 24 miles and climbing over 6000 feet in under 12 hours.Rather her than me,she did it last year in just under the 12 hours ( but they did get lost) so she wants another go.Going to try and do it in under 11 this time.

Me Im going golfing that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X