Tree huggers at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree huggers at it again

Just seen on the news that numpties from Greenpeace raided a Lame Rover dealership and padlocked themselves to some wange wovers claiming that they were the most inefficient vehicles on the planet....I do wish they would go and look some of the clowns that ride round in the chipped up novas and vauxhall corsets who have to drive like ther is no tomorrow before jumping onto sensible vehicles.....
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

did you read clakeson in the sun today?

there's been some report that pollution in lodon exceeds the EU limits
    it's been covered up cos it's PM10 particulates mostly produced by BUSES!!...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

QUOTE=mark g8awo]Just seen on the news that numpties from Greenpeace raided a Lame Rover dealership and padlocked themselves to some wange wovers claiming that they were the most inefficient vehicles on the planet....I do wish they would go and look some of the clowns that ride round in the chipped up novas and vauxhall corsets who have to drive like ther is no tomorrow before jumping onto sensible vehicles.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah!

what he said.

Comment

We had some ill informed big gob on the local radio this week who thinks that all 4x4s should pay £900 a year road tax because they are killing the planet. He also said that they are too big, stating that the footprint of the "average 4x4" takes up 1.5 parking spaces. What a !!!!!!!!

I only heard his rant when they repeated it near the end of the program. A freelander driver phoned to redress the balance stating that his motor does 3-5 miles more per gallon than a Mondeo and is nearly 6" shorter.

The trouble is that there are people in government who want to appease very pressure group.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil]We had some ill informed big gob on the local radio this week who thinks that all 4x4s should pay £900 a year road tax because they are killing the planet. He also said that they are too big, stating that the footprint of the "average 4x4" takes up 1.5 parking spaces. What a !!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]

It's about time some of these w*nk*rs were ripped up for the ars* paper they really are. Does any ever check the facts before letting these t*ss*rs near the media?

We checked my Surf in the works car park this week. There are two longer cars- a Passat estate and a Saab estate- just becuase it's taller they assume it takes up more space! Mpg is roughly the same- both are 2.5L petrol engined estates.

The 2.6L 6 cyl Audi estate is smaller but less efficient......

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            did you read clakeson in the sun today?

there's been some report that pollution in lodon exceeds the EU limits
            it's been covered up cos it's PM10 particulates mostly produced by BUSES!!...
            Buses only do between 5 to 7 miles to the gallon and that is for the smaller 2.5 Turbo Diesel's that are in the "Dart" size Buses, some of the bigger buses and luxuary coaches have 8 Litre engines god knows what they are doing to the gallon?

But then there are the hybrid buses that are not as common, they run on electric motors with big heavy batteries but also a diesel engine when they need the extra power, for hills and to charge the batteries etc, not that that matters because where I live I don't think I have ever seen a bus full of pasangers.

If the bus was full of passangers it would be cost efective, but with only 5 or 6 passangers, I don't think so! "Get yourself your own bus a SURF" and do the envioroment a favour. Hee Hee Hee
            I like Orientals

Comment

Working...
            X