Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Guards

Hi There

I need to find a DECENT dog guard to keep the pooches in the back of the surf (new nippa due shortly). Had a search round the web and the only things that seem to be availabe are those ones with the extendable legs. These are all very well for small dogs. but in my experience using them they never stay in place with a couple of larger ones (Dave is a 40kg labradoodle and Ellie his little sister is a 28Kg Labradoodle). They are always pushing the vertical legs out from underneath. With the combined mass of these two I not only would like a guard that bolts in to place (but can hopefully be removed easily when needed to use the whole loadspace with the seats down) but also with the mesh that goes al the way to the floor to stop the two of them smashing it to the back of the seat and causing injury to the bairn should we end up in a smash.
    Do any of you know where I can get one or of any place that may be able to make one to order?

Cheers

Rixtar

http://www.barjo.co.uk/home/

http://www.HAMPSTERBASKETS.CO.UK

Search here for hampster....

Comment

there s lots of places doing made to fit cages, with the tie down points in the back, this might be easier to find.. and you can have the window down without them jumping out, check out the shooting/ countryside type magazines.
      www.kennelsystems.co.uk
      Last edited by Chillitt; 3 June 2005, 12:42.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Given the size of your hounds I would go for the box option rather than a guard - safer for you and your dogs.
        I'm currently looking for something myself for labradors but might end up making a box - it really depends what you can afford.
        Here are a couple of links anyway.

http://www.lintran-products.co.uk/
        http://www.dogtrailers.co.uk

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtar
          Hi There

I need to find a DECENT dog guard to keep the pooches in the back of the surf (new nippa due shortly). Had a search round the web and the only things that seem to be availabe are those ones with the extendable legs. These are all very well for small dogs. but in my experience using them they never stay in place with a couple of larger ones (Dave is a 40kg labradoodle and Ellie his little sister is a 28Kg Labradoodle). They are always pushing the vertical legs out from underneath. With the combined mass of these two I not only would like a guard that bolts in to place (but can hopefully be removed easily when needed to use the whole loadspace with the seats down) but also with the mesh that goes al the way to the floor to stop the two of them smashing it to the back of the seat and causing injury to the bairn should we end up in a smash.
          Do any of you know where I can get one or of any place that may be able to make one to order?

Cheers

Rixtar
          I've just got an extendable leg halfrauds one - I make it very tight and my two labs dont push it over though Poppy leans on it regularly. To be fair though they are slim - 19kg and 23kg - so your larger ones might not be so secure!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I got a fitted cage from Hamster Baskets. FIts like a glove and controls four Elkhounds in comfort on long trips. just lift out and fold flat when not in use.

Cost was approx £160 and I know several others on there use the same cage.
            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

bargo

bargo cages mate . there not cheap but full fitted and ,made to fit with 2 doors is about 400 but as they say you get wot you pay for . ive used these for years and allways been the best www.bargo.co.uk
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                I've just got an extendable leg halfrauds one - I make it very tight and my two labs dont push it over though Poppy leans on it regularly. To be fair though they are slim - 19kg and 23kg - so your larger ones might not be so secure!

I got a halrauds one but it keeps falling down !! so what I do is cable tie it to the headrest supports and that secures it well and truly!!

Paul
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I know over here in Aus. theres a place that does em called Milford Cargo Barriers. We got one in the back of the Camry wagon. ****** strong too, manages to keep a 15 kg keeshond and a 56kg pyreneen mountain dog under control . its got bolts with plastic heads on them so you can just undo them and be on your way. strong as anything. I highly recommend them.

Comment

Working...
                  X