wheel nut torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel nut torque

hi all does anybody know what torque the wheelnuts should be.....thanks in advance
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

TONYN has stated that wheelnuts are the most over-tightened nut on a vehicle & there a bugger to replace when you snap them off. My advice is to use the wheel brace which came with the SURF ensure they are tight but dont go mad.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      My advice is to use the wheel brace which came with the SURF ensure they are tight but dont go mad.
      I agree !
      Firm to tight is good
      Jumping up and down on the wheel brace or using a piece of pipe as an extension is not the go.
      Simon.O.
      '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

thanks guys it was just that i had a garage put on my new wheels yesterday as i ain't got a jack that will lift the surf high enough to get the wheels off.they done the nuts up with the air gun but when they checked after with the torque wrench after they never moved.so i think i will just loosen them off a tad and do them up to what i am use too
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I don't know the torque.I just do them up till I think their right.Have always done this and you get a feel for it.Most problems (apart from the crazy guy with a rattle gun) with breakage occur because of corrosion.Once you have taken the wheels off clean the threads with a wire brush and apply some anti-seize compound and never use an extension when installing.The longer the wheel brace the more torque it generates for the same amount of effort.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            thanks guys it was just that i had a garage put on my new wheels yesterday as i ain't got a jack that will lift the surf high enough to get the wheels off.
            Are you saying that the original jack from under the seat is gone????
            Simon.O.
            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

The average torque setting for light commercials is a round 75 to 90 Nm but generally if you are doing it by hand if you hear the creaking sound when you tighten the nuts you are not too far off but you must retorque wheels after about thirty miles of driving just make sure they have not shifted as a result of settling..

We had a brand new 7.5t truck lose its back wheels after 1200km as a result of the drums being painted. The police take a very dim view of wheels falling off
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

There seems to be a bit of a spread in the various manuals but somewhere around 90Nm seems to be about right
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

90ft/lbs is to tight, I know that for sure! oops. Still Trev got a new wheel lug out of it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    90ft/lbs is to tight, I know that for sure! oops. Still Trev got a new wheel lug out of it.

I use the kn*****ed one as a lucky charm

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

You gotta learn to read the small print on the torque wrench Tony
                      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

what keep dry and awaay from children?
                        may cause drowsiness?
                        on a torque wrench??
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

83ft-lbs or 113Nm
                          mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...