Seat Belt Retraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Retraction

Has anybody got any Ideas on improving Seat Belt Retraction? - mine are kinda slow and seem to hang-up around the last few inches, (so to speak!). Is there any way of overhauling them?
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Originally posted by 9belo0
    Has anybody got any Ideas on improving Seat Belt Retraction? - mine are kinda slow and seem to hang-up around the last few inches, (so to speak!). Is there any way of overhauling them?
    Not sure about the Surf but on other cars I have undone inertia reel units before and put a couple of extra turns on the tension spring.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

On the seat belt theme can you get a 3rd lap belt fitted in the rear of the 2ng Gens?

Jay

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Not sure about the Surf but on other cars I have undone inertia reel units before and put a couple of extra turns on the tension spring.
      1994 3.0 SSR-V LTM Dark Green over Silver
      [url]www.sarahsflowers.co.uk[/url]

Comment

my 2nd gen. came with a lap belt fitted. try and pick up a lap belt from any toyota car (scrap yard) but check for physical defects before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by blazefan
          On the seat belt theme can you get a 3rd lap belt fitted in the rear of the 2ng Gens?

Jay
          You should have one, pull the seats up and see if its under them.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I don`t pick it up until tomorrow but i had the seats up when i was looking over it and did not see any.

Jay

Originally posted by TonyN
            You should have one, pull the seats up and see if its under them.
            1994 3.0 SSR-V LTM Dark Green over Silver
            [url]www.sarahsflowers.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Is it relatively simple to do - or does it have the tendency to spring out everywhere, if not done properly, leaving your Seatbelt as useful as a piece of Saggy String?!
              Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Comment

its easy.. with 3 hands or a small flat screwdriver..
                when you get to the middle of the belt,its threaded though the middle of thereel with a pin through it to keep it in place.. pushthe belt back, take the pin out, remove the belt, wind it up a bit, then put it all back. a doddle. the screwdriver is so you can let go with it unwinding completely. have fun!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                X