How was yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was yours

Well what a weekend I have just had, set of on Friday for Scarborough with the wife, kids and inlaws. Found a good cheap campsite (although there was no shower) had a few beers and just chilled out. Got up on Saturday and headed off to the Langdale quest and had a good play for a few hours, then off into Scarborough were a few more beers and a ride on the power boats were to be had. arrived back at the campsite at about 9pm to find one badly damaged tent and one totaly smashed. I was to P**sed to drive home so had to let her do it. Anyway, Monday, I receive confirmation that I have passed the first and hardest part of my Aussie application , so it was a pretty good weekend really. :

Who was in the blue Surf on the M62 near Selby on Friday arvo. I also saw a red Surf parked on the front in Scarborough was this you????

Originally posted by sim
    Well what a weekend I have just had, set of on Friday for Scarborough with the wife, kids and inlaws. Found a good cheap campsite (although there was no shower) had a few beers and just chilled out. Got up on Saturday and headed off to the Langdale quest and had a good play for a few hours, then off into Scarborough were a few more beers and a ride on the power boats were to be had. arrived back at the campsite at about 9pm to find one badly damaged tent and one totaly smashed. I was to P**sed to drive home so had to let her do it. Anyway, Monday, I receive confirmation that I have passed the first and hardest part of my Aussie application , so it was a pretty good weekend really. :

Who was in the blue Surf on the M62 near Selby on Friday arvo. I also saw a red Surf parked on the front in Scarborough was this you????
    We went camping this weekend- very windy on Saturday evening but no damage to the tents (a Surf makes a good windbreak!!).

How did your tents get wrecked?

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
      We went camping this weekend- very windy on Saturday evening but no damage to the tents (a Surf makes a good windbreak!!).

How did your tents get wrecked?

Nevillef
      I parked the Surf in front of my tent as well which I think saved it from being totaly trashed, just a few rips here and there but the reletives next to ours was on the floor with snaped poles the works along with there gazebo, looked like a tornado when through.

Comment

We sold 18 kegs of beer, 7 barrels of Fosters and 6 barrels of Cider to thirsty Kite flyers and buggiers/boarders at Middle wallop, We where open from 10am to 2:30am, from Firday till monday!!

So we're knackered, but had a good time, even got some flying in as well this year. High-light being powerkite duelling outside the beer tent on monday, 4 kites at once, with 4 lines each, trying to knock each other out the sky. Thats a lot of untangling!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well i had my brother's 40th birthday meal on the friday with plenty of booze downed.Then up early sat for a golf society charity day. Two rounds of golf a sunday roast and then lots more beer.Sunday was the family BBQ for me bro's birthday with more even more beer (dont remember much after about 4ish. Monday was a quiet afternoon ( dint get up till then) changed the wheel bearings on the surf.Then went bowling with the kids and yes i did lose because of my hangover.

Apart from that was a cracking weekend for me.
          I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

I was camping Friday and Saturday night near Settle N. Yorks, then off up to Newcastle to stay with my parents for a couple days. Great weekend, great weather.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

We went to santa pod (The Nationals) Friday-Monday got given free tickets(pukka)Top fuelers were runnung 4's,6 European records broke ,it was a great weekend and being free helped.

Comment

how was yours

we got sunburnt in exeter on sunday,, no wind or rain ,decided to drive up from plymouth and go to the huge car boot sale they have there, Thanks to the good old surf i was able to stash lots of junk(no decent hardly used !!!!!!!) and make a bit of cash, got hooked by that one will give it another go soon, been watching too much Car Booty on tv, sadly couldn't make the £500 or even the £100 but nearly made half of that nearly £50!!!!!! how do they do it!!!

Comment

I spent Saturday, Sunday, Monday and all day today decorating the lounge. Twenty year old embossed wallpaper and its many layers of paint removed. Then we realised why embossed paper was hung in the first place. The walls underneath looked like someone had let fly with a shotgun. Several kilos of finishing plaster and flexible filler stuff later it has been base coated in white. I keep telling Mrs KS that white is trendy this year but she won't believe me.

I should be finished just in time for the next rainy season. Why does the sun always shine when you are stuck on an indoors job?????
                  Oh, I forgot, large amounts of real ale in the Red Lion on Sunday night- highlight of the weekend really.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X