Bio-Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-Fuel

I know that veg-oil has been done before, but it is realy alright to just chuck in a few litres of veg oil straight into my tank mixed with the normal Diesel?

I have been reading about mixing it first with other chemicals, pre heating & making sure the oil has had the acid removed from rapeseed because the acid will damage the fuel pump and fuel lines.

I undersand the reason for heating the fuel, it's not that I am worried about. last week I tried 20 Litres of diesel and 3 litres of Veg oil and this week I have put in 24 Ltrs Diesel to 9 Ltrs of veg-oil. So far it has been fine but I am worried about any long term damage.
    I like Orientals

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
    I know that veg-oil has been done before, but it is realy alright to just chuck in a few litres of veg oil straight into my tank mixed with the normal Diesel?

I have been reading about mixing it first with other chemicals, pre heating & making sure the oil has had the acid removed from rapeseed because the acid will damage the fuel pump and fuel lines.

I undersand the reason for heating the fuel, it's not that I am worried about. last week I tried 20 Litres of diesel and 3 litres of Veg oil and this week I have put in 24 Ltrs Diesel to 9 Ltrs of veg-oil. So far it has been fine but I am worried about any long term damage.
    That shouldn't do any damage

BUT

Make sure you are registered with Customs and Excise, if they catch you on a spot check they can come down like a ton of bricks.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      That shouldn't do any damage

BUT

Make sure you are registered with Customs and Excise, if they catch you on a spot check they can come down like a ton of bricks.

Trev
      sent for my form couple weeks ago now the loves still not sent it
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Give em time Pops, they are still trying to cope with all the requests from here

That poor little clerk hidden away at the back of their office has never had so much work

Seriously though, I would give em another call, you should have had the pack by now.

hmmmmmmmmm, haven't seen my HO930 yet this month, thinks I will be ringing em soon as well

Trev

Comment

twas a bloke i spoke to but know what you mean was going to ask what the number was again but just found it
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            twas a bloke i spoke to but know what you mean was going to ask what the number was again but just found it
            Now wait until Tuesday before you can ring, as the poor little fella will be having his break

Trev

Comment

Now wait until Tuesday before you can ring, as the poor little fella will be having his break

Trev
              i'll give him break he costin me money mate
              Pops

Comment

i f0orgott how i was supposed to fill the form in now.. still sitting on my desk while my bank ballance goes down as diesel prices go up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ste00
                  i f0orgott how i was supposed to fill the form in now.. still sitting on my desk while my bank ballance goes down as diesel prices go up...
                  Search here, pay attention to posts by Driver and Linda

Trev

Comment

Search here, pay attention to posts by Driver and Linda

Trev
                    search here where no link!!!
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                      search here where no link!!!
                      I meant to search the forum but I guess there is always one

However to keep you happy here is Linda's and here is another useful thread.

Trev

Comment

now come on trev you know want happened to ment too
                        Pops

Comment

Working...
                        X