Surfs Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs Everywhere

Just had to go into Southampton docks, and could not believe how many imports were in there. Unlike the last time, there were loads of Surfs of all ages, colours and condition. Some with some nice extras like good roof rails, some nice winches etc, and one red very, very lifted one - looked a good 7" - with some very big BFG mud rubber on it

Can only be good for the market and for keeping the prices right - and a potential source of spares for the future

Cheers, Nick

P.S. I really want the big red one
    "The force will be with you, always!"

er other way round... more in the contry means they get more and more common and the price will start to drop as finding one becomes easyer and easyer,

Comment

Originally posted by Ste00
      er other way round... more in the contry means they get more and more common and the price will start to drop as finding one becomes easyer and easyer,
      I'm sure that's what he means

Comment

Bargains to be had.

Yes, I bought my '94 3.0 Surf at the Southhampton docks auction in February of this year.
        Providing that you take a good look at what you you are buying there are some real; bargains to be had. You are often bidding against dealers who need to make a profit on their purchase when they sell on, so there is some room to get a real bargain.
        I paid £ 3,450 ( with buyers premium) for a lovely 1994 3.0. Reccaro seats, factory bull bar, the lot.
        I knew that it needed new tyres, but otherwise it seemed sound. It had 92,000 Klms on the clock and the condition confirmed this.
        Because it was just over 10 years all I needed to get it registered was an MOT. It passed without any trouble. I changed the oil and all the filters, together with the antifreeeze and the cambelt. I also bought two new batteries and five new tyres. Registering it was about £35.
        So, for about £4,300 I got a great Surf that has driven like a dream and that I am still totally pleased with.
        I know that there are some horror stories about buying an dockside auctions but there is always the chance to pay alot less for your Surf than you would do either privetely or from a dealer. So, I would advise anyone after an affordable Surf to check these dock auctions out.
        I, for one, have no regrets.

Comment

Hey Anthony,

Andy and I looked to see if you were on the raods when we were driving nearby last Sunday.

We can show you some other views of your local area if you want some time.

Trev

Originally posted by Anthony
          Yes, I bought my '94 3.0 Surf at the Southhampton docks auction in February of this year.
          Providing that you take a good look at what you you are buying there are some real; bargains to be had. You are often bidding against dealers who need to make a profit on their purchase when they sell on, so there is some room to get a real bargain.
          I paid £ 3,450 ( with buyers premium) for a lovely 1994 3.0. Reccaro seats, factory bull bar, the lot.
          I knew that it needed new tyres, but otherwise it seemed sound. It had 92,000 Klms on the clock and the condition confirmed this.
          Because it was just over 10 years all I needed to get it registered was an MOT. It passed without any trouble. I changed the oil and all the filters, together with the antifreeeze and the cambelt. I also bought two new batteries and five new tyres. Registering it was about £35.
          So, for about £4,300 I got a great Surf that has driven like a dream and that I am still totally pleased with.
          I know that there are some horror stories about buying an dockside auctions but there is always the chance to pay alot less for your Surf than you would do either privetely or from a dealer. So, I would advise anyone after an affordable Surf to check these dock auctions out.
          Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 28 May 2005, 23:17.
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            Hey Anthony,

Andy and I looked to see if you were on the raods when we were driving nearby last Sunday.

We can show you some other views of your local area if you want some time.

Trev
            Cheers, Trev,Yes, that sounds fun.
            Yesterday, just driving around the Seaford and Eastbourne area I spotted six Surfs.
            When my wife, Frankie, takes the beast to work at Gatwick airport, instead of her little black Peugeot, she can't wait to see how many other Surfers are about at 4.30 am.

All the best,
            TONY.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony
              I paid £ 3,450 ( with buyers premium) for a lovely 1994 3.0. Reccaro seats, factory bull bar, the lot. {SNIP}

I bought my Surf off Southampton dockside (before it reached the auctions) about 3 years ago. I agree- if your'e prepared to take the risk you can get a real bargain. Also your point about there being lots of pre-modified Surfs around is also interesting. If buying one though make sure it's over 10 years old otherwise you might run into difficulties with the SVA.

Another plus point if your'e considering buying from dockside auctions and don't want want the hassle of SVA'ing (is that a new word?) a car- older 1993-1994 3.0L Surf's no longer need SVA'ing as they are over 10 years old. So you can buy a Surf with the more bomb proof 3.0L engine. That's got to be less worry?

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
              X