Sticker Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker Removal

I'm sure that some of you have removed the stickers from the sides of your Surf, and I need to do the same as they are not the best and I'm not keen.

I have no problem removing them, but do you find that there is a difference in the paint behind them once removed, afterall they have probably been on there for around 10 years? I don't think there will be and possibly T Cut should sort, but I want to be sure before I remove them,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Originally posted by Nick V
    I'm sure that some of you have removed the stickers from the sides of your Surf, and I need to do the same as they are not the best and I'm not keen.

I have no problem removing them, but do you find that there is a difference in the paint behind them once removed, afterall they have probably been on there for around 10 years? I don't think there will be and possibly T Cut should sort, but I want to be sure before I remove them,

Cheers, Nick
    I removed loads of graphics when I used to knock out second hand motors years ago. T cut or rubbing compound almost always does the job fine. Heat the stickers up first (hair dryer or paint remover heat gun (carefully!!)) and remove any residue with glue remover. Then t cut and ur done.

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated
      I removed loads of graphics when I used to knock out second hand motors years ago. T cut or rubbing compound almost always does the job fine. Heat the stickers up first (hair dryer or paint remover heat gun (carefully!!)) and remove any residue with glue remover. Then t cut and ur done.
      like dan says the paintwork after removal isnt a problem but BE WARNED it took a professional graphics company 5 painstaking hours to remove mine. they are welded on after 12 years and typical toyota everythings built to last. was worth it tho and new ones are 10 times better. good luck.
      Ian

Comment

Cheers for that chaps, will give it a go this weekend,

Nick

Comment

If you do a search you will find a few posts about sticker removal

Mine were embedded into the paintwork so I had to pay for removal and re spray of truck
          [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Robb.
            If you do a search you will find a few posts about sticker removal

Mine were embedded into the paintwork so I had to pay for removal and re spray of truck
            Don't tell me that!! I have two small ones at the rear of the Surf so I'll try them first,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

sticker removal

The other guys have more or less covered it all, I'm a ex sprayer and have taken off loads of stickers in my time. hot air gun is the best way for removal and some type of degreaser to remove any glue left behind.
              If there is a real difference in paint colour, it is well worth going to a hire shop and getting an electric polisher and giving it a good compounding . just be carefull not to go too mad or you'll break through the lacquer and then it's repainting for you!!!!
              good luck and happy sticker removal..
              Anti 4x4 Proresters

Comment

I peeled mine off one hot day when I was bored. The sun was shining on that side of the car anyway. I used Betterware Sticky Stuff Remover (does chewing gum, grease, everything but get the glue off from the back of the Devils Pit "paid" stickers).
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                X