yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things always go wrong at the worst time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things always go wrong at the worst time..

So, there I was Monday 16th May ready to move house, I've got Pickfords arriving at 0900, I'd been really clever the night before and put both cars on the road outside the house to save a space for the removal lorry when I notice that somebody has parked their car 1" off the surfs front bumper. I go round their house and politely ask them to move up the road a bit as we are moving house etc. etc. which they gladly do. I then decide to pull the surf up the road slightly to save more space for the removal van. IT WON'T START - flat battery..ahhhh panic it's 0820 I've got 40 mins before the van arrives and with out moving the surf it won't be able to park. No problems I'll jump start it, speak to the guy next door and he lends me his jump start pack, lift the bonnet and it's twin batteries - how the hell do I jump start this. So I try the pack on each battery individually with no effect, time is slipping away so I decide to call the AA. All I can say is thank god for the AA - called them at 0835 - they arrived at 0905 and within 2 mins the surf had started(Mr AA man had to jump start both batteries at the same time??) just as the removal van turned up. I then left the AA man to do some checks and 10 mins later he informs me that one battery is knacked, but he can get a new one for me but it will cost about £85. So, bearing in mind I am in the process of moving house and need the surf working I ask him to get one. 1 hour later he returns the keys to me - surf has one new battery and he has checked all electrics are working properly - very helpful.
    Anyway Surf was booked in for service at Treverbyn Motors in Camborne 2 days later and as I had only got it one week earlier I was a bit nervous about being told everything would need replacing(specially after the battery incident) - no need to be everything was fine, nothing to worry about - so I am now a happy surfer ready to find some fields to play in.
    The move went fine after this apart from BT screwing my broadband up and it's still not working.....

glad everything worked out in the end Humero how did you find David at treverbyn.i had mine serviced about 5 weeks ago now and still waiting for the bill.and just had it m.o.t'd a couple of weeks ago there too hes a real good bloke for the imports
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

most stressful time of your life we are told moving house from your tale we can see why
      seriously though hope everything is fine now and your new house is now looking like a home!!!!
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by humero
        Things always go wrong at the worst time..
        Is there a good time for things to go wrong?

Neville

Comment

£85 for a battery's nothing if you can afford PICKFORDS to do your move!!

you must be loaded!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            £85 for a battery's nothing if you can afford PICKFORDS to do your move!!

you must be loaded!
            Wishful thinking - told Pickfords they were too expensive and we had a quote that was £200 cheaper - they are so desperate for work at the moment they came back £2 under the cheapest quote and gave us all the boxes for free aswell....not bad I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              glad everything worked out in the end Humero how did you find David at treverbyn.i had mine serviced about 5 weeks ago now and still waiting for the bill.and just had it m.o.t'd a couple of weeks ago there too hes a real good bloke for the imports
              David at Treverbyn was great - did the service and gave the surf a once over to reassure me that I had not bought a dud - still haven't had the tracking done though. Took it down to AJM on Saturday and they couldn't do it as the tracking rod adjusters had seized solid - told me to take it back to Treverbyn and get David to strip them right down and possibly replace both, once thats done take it back to AJM for them to do the tracking...If anybody has any hints on how I can loosen the tracking rods myself without taking it to the garage much appreciated - they tried blowtorch and large scaffold bar on the wrench at AJM and that didn't work....
              Cheers---Rob

Comment

Working...
              X