Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had any rechroming?

Hi folks,
    The chrome on my A bar has worn away in places and looks a bit tatty.
    just wondered if it's possible to have it dipped in more chrome (if thats what they do) . Has any body done this , or do you know of where and roughly how much this kind of thing costs. ( one could not possibly have a tatty surf!!)

Many Thanks Paolo
    Anti 4x4 Proresters

Originally posted by Paolo Caruso
    Hi folks,
    just wondered if it's possible to have it dipped in more chrome (if thats what they do) . Has any body done this , or do you know of where and roughly how much this kind of thing costs. ( one could not possibly have a tatty surf!!)

Many Thanks Paolo

As long as the metal underneath is good you should have no problem. It won't just be dipped, it will have to be stripped then re-chromed.
    Make sure you look for a good company though, as I got caught out by one who had an article in a well known mag and when they did my bits they ruined them!! Cost me a fortune to replace them in the end.
    Hampshire Electro Plating are a pretty good outfit,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Hi folks,

Many Thanks Paolo
      I once had some chrome taps and bath handles gold plated quite cheaply,

Now theres a thought
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

As mentioned make sure you get it stripped first, I have had a lot of Chrome plating done for my company and have seen all the tricks tried. if they try and plate over the top of the old will soon fall off. Used to use fareham Electro plating, Mother and daughter outfit had an interesting customer care policy though. Got a good reputation among the classic car fraternity.
        As for the price a very rough guide around £50 ish.

Steve
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

rechroming

cheers folks, not sure the gold plating will have the same effect!!! novel idea though.
          esamed, 2.4's r best never forget it!!!
          Anti 4x4 Proresters

Comment

cheers folks, not sure the gold plating will have the same effect!!! novel idea though.
            esamed, 2.4's r best never forget it!!!

till they break and I remember it well, going to be paying for it for years to come which is good as selling them is proving difficult round here.

Steve
            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

I've had a lot of good workings of marine components from gold plating to stainless mirror polishing done by a company in Wooburn Green, Bucks, not a million miles away from you. Wooburn Metal Finishers 01628 850911. Check them out.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X