Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest owner in Canada! :-)

Hey there all!

Well thanks for the help and encourragement! I just drove the 1000 or so Kilometers home in my new truck (89 crew cab/pickup 2.8) ... You're looking at a brand new owner.

I'll get some pics and other stuff up before long. It seems ok so far. It handled a kayaking weekend just fine. Runs cheaper than my last truck. Cool wooden steering wheel . Cheezy altimeter/pitch/roll indicator on passenger side.

Need to put in a radio ... probably some bigger tires ... mount a brush bumper oohh boy! :-)

The only thing that concerns me is that it is woefully underpowered at highway speed :-( :-( . Even with significant downshifting, I can't maintain full speed (110-120km/hr -> 75 mph) going up a hill. I suppose this to be expected with a small 4cyl? All this talk of perma-grins made me expect some more adequate power.

Later!

Keegan

well done chap!
    now you need to take that nasty pitch /angle jobbie off your dash and post it over here. i promise to give it a christian burial! enjoy the ride
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks man!

I guess from reading this the smoke I see in my mirror when I put my foot down... is pretty normal.

Any thoughts about the power?

Keegan

Comment

have a search round on here for smoke causes, do you have an egr on yours? could be worth running some redex through it to clean up the injectors..
        as for power, i'm getting by with a 2.4 quite happily, but they aint race cars...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
        X