god damn liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god damn liars

approx 4 months ago my missus pulled into a car parking space and a fellow next to her put his car on a full lock and procceded to reverse into the side of our car . at this point he jumped out appoligising and was shocked to see how heavily pregnant my missus was at the time (went into labour next day not saying this caused it but you never know) any how 4 months later claim not settled he,s statment i was parked up and this women drove into me i was,nt moving no witness insurance says 50/50 we have no claims bonus but lost £175 excess you have been warned
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

erse - but surely any assessor could have figured out from the nature of the impact damage on both vehciles what/who caused the accident?
    i.e. which car drove into which, it wouldnt have been that difficult to figure out
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

That sucks, years ago someone open their door as I drove passed in a van, it hit just in front of the front wheel, and exploded her door and glass everwhere!

Later we got a letter from the insurance Co saying I'd driven into the side of their car!!!!!!

Luckly, I taken pics of the van before it was repaired, showing the front corner with the indicator was untouched, and the damaged started buy the front wheel.

Really pi$$ed me off, It's so blatently lying that they should have been done for attempted fraud or something, not just ignored when her insurace Co saw the pics and payed out.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
        erse - but surely any assessor could have figured out from the nature of the impact damage on both vehciles what/who caused the accident?
        i.e. which car drove into which, it wouldnt have been that difficult to figure out
        yup my argument also they said a load of waffle to which i said c*** but they won,t budge they know best thats less than lucky woof
        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Tuff luck mate. Come on then tell us the ins co name, so we are all aware of what we could face, we're all friends here

Comment

happened to us too... bloke going too fast when we were turning right... we indicated right, slowed down... he couldn't stop, swerved round overtaking on long lines and hit side of car...

they went 50-50 on that too.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
              Tuff luck mate. Come on then tell us the ins co name, so we are all aware of what we could face, we're all friends here
              not to be sued lol reverse the less then lucky and thats the insurance co
              I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
              (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                not to be sued lol reverse the less then lucky and thats the insurance co
                Lucky then less the?
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i got totalled on a roundabout.. the chap asked me if i had my headlights on.. week before xmas, 9 at night, just driven 15 miles through the sticks taking mates to their works do...
                  insurance co said all roundabout accidents are 50/50 cos they cant be ar$ed to argue it out, AND they can chop both parties ncb next time... cheers then
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Similar happened to my daughter a couple of years ago.

The insurance companies will always try to settle for 50/50 in such cases as both parties lose no claims bonus and both lose excesses so costs insurance companies less all round.
                    We fought for about a year, refused to accept any liability despite constant threats from both insurance companies. There were no independant witnesses even though my wife was in the daughters car when the accident happened and the other guy lied his head off the insurance companies wouldn't accept her statement as she was not an 'independant witness'. Had daughters car repaired myself for £150 therefore as we didn't actually claim off the daughters insurance she kept both no-claims bonus and lost no excess.
                    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

same happened to me on my first car, they had changed the road layout - I did a slightly dodgy turn and woman in my blind spot ( i think was trying to overtake me) she said i had pulled into the kerb then pulle out in front of her!!!!

I argued it so far then i gave up after about 12months cos I didnt want to go to court cos of the hassle, it sucks!
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It seems it doesn't matter who's fault it is and what no claims you have after an accident, you have to declare all accidents in the last 3 years and even if not your fault they still up your insurance. I insured my girlfriend on the surf and as soon as I said someone drove in the back of her 2 years ago the price goes up even though they admitted 100% fault. It appears being hit makes you are a higher risk driver in the eyes of the insurance companies.
                        Darren

Comment

Many years ago my wife was following a VW transporter van down a side road locally, he stopped, on came his reversing lights (he'd just seen a mate he wanted to have a chat with) and the berk reversed into the front of my newly aquired Cavalier SRi......... Again, he was full of apologies to my very upset wife until it came to the claim when he told his insurers she'd driven into the back of him (prove she didn't, I've got a witness!), two cars had driven around the accident and so, having no witnesses to what really happened and even my OWN insurance company taking his word over my wife's, I dropped the claim.
                          Needless to say I haven't used that insurance company (can't recall their name and anyway, they don't deserve the fame) or even the same broker again.

Comment

Working...
                          X