Another Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Toy

I Know this is not Surf related, but it is Toyota related. Last week i picked up this beauty. A 1983 BJ40 for the grand total of €380. Needs a lot of work, but thats to be expected.On my way home a local guy told me he had two sitting at home. One was an BJ45 and a BJ40. Went to see the 40 on Sat and brought it home today for €130. Have a few good parts on it, including back seats which the 83 doesnt. No engine though. The 83 is running very well, but no brakes. Gonna strip them both and build a good one form the two. Only have a log book for the 83 so have to use that chassis.
    Heres a few pic!
    Del
    Attached Files
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

nice - but looks like complete strip-down of body from chassis, sandblasting and painting requried and lots new/2nd hand parts
    great project though - good luck!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

I am so green with envy that I could out-green a leprachaun. I have always fancied one of those beauties. Did I see some spare ones knocking around in the background of one of your pics? (Wishful thinking).
      The nearest I have seen in the UK was a guy had a pair of FJ45 pickups that had been converted to recovery trucks. I really, really want a SWB.
      Good luck with the project.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

awww, i love those old cruisers. My dad had one when we lived in Yemen, I was only 5. I remember it well, especially after we hit a large pot hole one day, which was followed by me leaving the rear seat and smacking my head into the roof!

Comment

[Jealous mode]
          Dang, so in another year or so's time you'll have 2 fine machines, Surf & BJ
          [/Jealous mode]

Nice one
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

More like a few years. So much to do on the house. Have to get a good balance or she'll have me guts!
            I plan on doing a full restoration job. Total stripdown. Chassis sandblasted and galvanised. Engine rebuild. Both diffs. Wont do the transfer or gearbox unless i have to. So, lots of money and time required.
            Wish me luck!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Sweet! me like!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X