Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Speed Camera ID

hi there,

so apparently my car was caught speeding the other day at Vastern Road in Reading, anyone know it ? if so can you let me know what kind of camera it is ? is it just a standard GATSO ? was caught doing 36 in a 30 which is a bit mean......thanks....

Originally posted by jonny595
    hi there,

so apparently my car was caught speeding the other day at Vastern Road in Reading, anyone know it ? if so can you let me know what kind of camera it is ? is it just a standard GATSO ? was caught doing 36 in a 30 which is a bit mean......thanks....

shame realy cause you may have got away with it at 35 mph..........dont you just love speed cameras..........a freind of mine is waiting for a letter to attend court after he was found doing 98 mph on the m1. not looking good for him cause he has six points now so could end up with a ban.. why he has to travel this fast i dont know??
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

he wasnt driving driving a surf then ! actually he could have been, I have taken mine that far before on a private road of course.

Comment

hahah impossible for me
        arent 2.4's great!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jonny595
          he wasnt driving driving a surf then ! actually he could have been, I have taken mine that far before on a private road of course.
          no wasnt a surf it was a rs turbo he,s into boy racer cars infact he,s got three of em.....

Comment

vastern road is the dual carriage way behind the station, between caversham bridge and reading bridge.

usually there's a mobile camera in a van parked in the central island as the road widens before the roundabout (at the prison end)
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

crikey that was i bit harsh but you did well to get up to that speed in reading they should praise you not book ya!!!!!
              aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Comment

Talking of speed cameras ,are there any out there that the old bill can take you straight to court. My Missus was doing 37 in a 30 and she got a letter saying they are taking her to court and she can expect a £1000 fine. She has written a letter to them but heard nothing back yet.
                I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                  Talking of speed cameras ,are there any out there that the old bill can take you straight to court. My Missus was doing 37 in a 30 and she got a letter saying they are taking her to court and she can expect a £1000 fine. She has written a letter to them but heard nothing back yet.
                  depends how many points she already has on her license... but they must write a letter asking you to identify the driver first.
                  unless the car was untaxed or un insured, then the owner would be taken to court

Comment

she doesnt have any points and its a company car. She is the only driver.
                    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

she doesnt have any points and its a company car. She is the only driver.
                      i'll bet the company have dithered to send back details of the driver and so the time limit expired.
                      happens a lot to lorry drivers... they'll be trying to prosecute for not disclosing the identity of the driver...

Comment

You want to drive around CROYDON theres more Cameras than cars.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

having spoke to a traffic cop on these issues they have said that if they dont take action with in six months no further action can be taken...when my m8 was caught doin 98mph on the m1 he was told if he had been doing 95mph or less the traffic cop that stopped him would of give 3 points on the spot but because of this he as got to wait for a letter from the courts..........

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                            having spoke to a traffic cop on these issues they have said that if they dont take action with in six months no further action can be taken...when my m8 was caught doin 98mph on the m1 he was told if he had been doing 95mph or less the traffic cop that stopped him would of give 3 points on the spot but because of this he as got to wait for a letter from the courts..........
                            usually court for over 100mph... if you go to court for high 90's then you'll probably get a ban as it's taken as an AVERAGE speed over distance so they'll assume that at some point you exceeded 100mph.... under 100mph if the copper's in a good mood, he'll explain it and offer you the fixed penalty

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              usually court for over 100mph... if you go to court for high 90's then you'll probably get a ban as it's taken as an AVERAGE speed over distance so they'll assume that at some point you exceeded 100mph.... under 100mph if the copper's in a good mood, he'll explain it and offer you the fixed penalty

that does make sense cause he said he was clocked at a maximum of 110 mph and a minimum of 98 mph but then told him that if he had been doing 95 mph or less he wouldnt be going to court as the traffic cop would have give him three points!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X